2015 NCAR shows a profit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 NCAR shows a profit

The Reno Gazette Journal reports that 2015 was a good year for the races, surprising many:

Re: 2015 NCAR shows a profit

Nice to hear that the numbers are in the black. Headed the right direction.

Comment

the news is a welcome change from previous years, that much is certain. I know the decisions made by the board were very difficult, indeed. It's never easy to be the change merchant for an entity that is in financial difficulty. The board should be commended for its untiring efforts, dedication to the sport and willingness to do what was necessary to save this incredible event. The changes hit hard all across the enterprise...as it should be. I believe we can expect next year to reflect the accomplishments made while still steering a steady course towards financial stability and a rewarding experience for staff, race teams, volunteers, concessionaires, and those turning the turnstiles.

2016 is shaping up to be a benchmark by which RARA measures its future. A potential turning point in the next decade or more of air racing. I, for one, am excited about its future and happy to be playing a small part in making it so.

Race On!
      Owen Ashurst
      Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
      http://airbossone.com/

Comment

For our part as fans, we need to be as supportive as possible, send out positive waves and stop trying to drive a stake into the event's heart every year.
        Seems like every year is the "last one". I'll admit it appears that way at times, but I've heard that almost every year for a looooooong time!

Here's to many years of successful, safe races and profits for all so it will continue to get better.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
          For our part as fans, we need to be as supportive as possible, send out positive waves and stop trying to drive a stake into the event's heart every year.
          Seems like every year is the "last one". I'll admit it appears that way at times, but I've heard that almost every year for a looooooong time!

Here's to many years of successful, safe races and profits for all so it will continue to get better.
          I'll to that, Leo!
          Owen Ashurst

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post

I here next year (2016) will be the FIRST year of many years to come of RENO AIR RACING

Brian

Comment

This is awesome news! Can already feel that 2016 is shaping up to be a great year. A lot past racers that could make a return appearance!
              Random Air Blog

Comment

I consider this proof of my (and others) long time assertion that money was being hidden (stolen?) by the previous management.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                  I consider this proof of my (and others) long time assertion that money was being hidden (stolen?) by the previous management.
                  Just a little bit harsh in my opinion. I do not want this forum to be a place where opinions are discussed as fact. IF, as you are alleging there was such a thing going on, I think we would have heard FACTS to bear this out. We have no facts, just opinions.

I'm torn whether to delete this comment based on the TOS of this forum....
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wow.

Just wow.

Comment

If you ad this word to the beginning of your comment, it clears you from Libel. It's what newspapers use before the verdict.

"I allegedly consider this proof..."

Allege: It is used when someone does not have proof or any concrete base to assert the opinion. It is also used when one is a suspect in a crime but has not been proven as guilty.
                      Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 11-24-2015, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                        Wow.

Just wow.
                        I sure wish dwelling on the past would fix things. But what we can do is focus on the future, and hopefully the races will be successful in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
                          I sure wish dwelling on the past would fix things. But what we can do is focus on the future, and hopefully the races will be successful in the future.

While I have been suspicious for (quite some time) of mismanagement of funds,

I do agree with Reever.

Lets fly into the future!
                          Mayday51
                          Jim Gallagher

Comment

There's a presumption here that you are taking this current administration at its word, as opposed to the previous one. That's a good thing. Curious, though, as to the reasons for doing so...do you have some insight into this administration that you didn't in the former? Please, enlighten us.

As for the accusations levied against the previous, I can only say we're all entitled to our opinion. Your's just happens to be misguided. After all the belt-tightening and cost-cutting, coupled with better attendance and concession numbers, RARA posted $100K in the black. And you're taking that modest gain as "proof?" Really?

Here's a thought...how about we just be thankful (it is that time of year, isn't it?) that they're showing a profit at all and focus our energy and efforts on making 2016 even more profitable and exciting.

But...that's just me...I could be wrong...
                            Owen Ashurst

Comment

Working...
                            X