Harold Kinsvater ME 209

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harold Kinsvater ME 209

Anyone know what happened to Harold Kinsvater ME 109? I saw it years ago at Castle after he finished it. Just curious where it's at now. Thanks
    Brian

Re: Harold Kinsvater ME 209

Originally posted by supercub View Post
    Anyone know what happened to Harold Kinsvater ME 109? I saw it years ago at Castle after he finished it. Just curious where it's at now. Thanks
    Brian
    Nice bait and switch there, supercub... an ME-209 would really be something!

Comment

I think this is the airframe at Meiermotors in Germany that is being converted into a 2-seat Bf-109G with a DB. This photo is from their FB page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bf-109.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	228080
      Last edited by badman; 10-26-2015, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by badman View Post
        I think this is the airframe at Meiermotors in Germany that is being converted into a 2-seat Bf-109G with a DB. This photo is from their FB page.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21825[/ATTACH]
        Long thread on WIX
        remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Whops, sorry about the error, guess I need to proof read better 109, NOT 209.

Comment

Another TF conversion?!!

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

I happen to know where the spinner backing plate for that airframe is and that someday it's going to be the building-block for a ground-up HA-1112 'restoration'. None of this 'two-place' BF-109G crap.....

Comment

The aussies are packing up the last of the 109 including the 2 seater, gonna miss these girls but i know they will be flying soon, they also took the spit, there is still a mustang with ALOT of inventory

Comment

Originally posted by f1-69 View Post
                  The aussies are packing up the last of the 109 including the 2 seater, gonna miss these girls but i know they will be flying soon, they also took the spit, there is still a mustang with ALOT of inventory
                  The airframe in question wasn't one of Connie's planes. It was one of the 'original four' that the CAF brought back from the Battle of Britain movie. Connie's were all the ones that he took for payment 'in lieu of cash' after the fact.

Harold's was the one that was painted up in Eric Hartmann's markings that Don Whittington flew into the ground on a low pass at Airsho '76.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                    Harold's was the one that was painted up in Eric Hartmann's markings that Don Whittington flew into the ground on a low pass at Airsho '76.
                    Always wondered who did that. Kept thinking he was pushing the envelope, then suddenly he pitched up. I can still see those bent blades windmilling. The announcer's segue from describing the show, to calling for donations for a rebuild was epic.
                    No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                    http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini View Post
                      Always wondered who did that. Kept thinking he was pushing the envelope, then suddenly he pitched up. I can still see those bent blades windmilling. The announcer's segue from describing the show, to calling for donations for a rebuild was epic.
                      You say pushing the envelope....I say reckless flying. IIRC Don wrote the CAF a check for $1500 or something like that to cover damages, and Lefty and Lloyd were livid because there was no way that was going to get the plane flying again. And it didn't until Harold bought it and put a LOT of money into it.

A few years ago Brad Pilgrim saved the spinner backing plate from Don's 'incident' when the CAF was cleaning house. Brad gave it to me a couple years ago because he knew I'd appreciate it for what it was.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm no longer a pilot. Didn't want to pretend to know better, and I love low flying. But in all other respects, yes, it strikes me as reckless too. As a 14 year old kid at the time, I didn't understand the ramifications, and saw the HA-1112 as little more than a poor man's 109 anyway. I've grown since then (mostly wider).
                        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
                        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

I hear the two-seater is headed for the UK

Comment

Working...
                          X