IF1 racers, projects, parts, pilots WANTED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF1 racers, projects, parts, pilots WANTED

As some of you know, Phillip Goforth has taken over as pilot committee chairman for the IF1 class. He is really making a big push to bring as many new pilots and planes as possible to PRS and the races this year. To that end, we are looking for Cassutts, Owls, Shoestrings etc that need a new home and or new pilots. If you know anyone that has a complete air frames, projects, or parts for sale please PM me and I will pass the info on to Phil. Right now it looks like he has around 10 new guys on board which will make a good impact to the class numbers but we need more! If sport can get 60+ entries, surely we can get a full field of 21 for F1.

Re: IF1 racers, projects, parts, pilots WANTED

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
    As some of you know, Phillip Goforth has taken over as pilot committee chairman for the IF1 class. He is really making a big push to bring as many new pilots and planes as possible to PRS and the races this year. To that end, we are looking for Cassutts, Owls, Shoestrings etc that need a new home and or new pilots. If you know anyone that has a complete air frames, projects, or parts for sale please PM me and I will pass the info on to Phil. Right now it looks like he has around 10 new guys on board which will make a good impact to the class numbers but we need more! If sport can get 60+ entries, surely we can get a full field of 21 for F1.
    This is just an awesome post!!! In my years as an AAFO member, I don't think I have EVER seen a post asking where projects, pilots, and airframes are!!! That is just incredible to hear that there is a NEED and an INTEREST

Hope everyone can find a ride and we can get a full field next year
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

there is alot of excitement in IF1 right now and I want to keep it rolling,I dont want a full field of 24 I want 32 planes and pilots , and I want a medallion race just like the sport, if you know anyone intetested in becoming a racer get in touch with me and we will get them pointed in the right direction.💥
      If1airracing.com
      Friends of if1 on facebook

Comment

We are going to be working on a rule change as well, our rule now states that the wing has to be 66sf, if it's a canard the canard doesn't count in the sf calculation, we are going to try and make the canard count which will open up multiple airplanes and designs, mainly quickie200 and varieze with o-200 engines , so if you know anyone with one of these planes lets get it going, if we get it passed I have a quickie and 2 varieze.

Comment

Very cool. Allowing the Varieze and other canards in would be interesting. Calling Klaus Savier... it might inspire him to put together a F1 compliant 0-200 race engine and ruffle some feathers with his Delaminator Varieze.

I love the F1 class. Seeing new aircraft coming out and more being built makes me happy.

George

Comment

Yep klaus would be a welcome addition f1 and I think all he would have to do is change his pistons , most of his stuff is airframe clean ups that he has done, don't know how the eze does pulling 3 g every 10 seconds but it sure will be cool to see, if klaus does show up that will make 3 eze that have told me they would attend PRS this year ,we have an o200 powered KR2 this year and I'm looking to find an o200 quickie

Comment

Klaus Savier has already demonstrated that his 30 year old Delaminator Varieze can handle the stresses of the Reno course. Well, at least the Sport course. He ran his 0-200 powered Varieze in at least 2004 and 2005 in the Sport class, at 150mph plus average laps I should add... and in an over 650lbs dry weight 2 seater that he casually flew to the event and back home again.

Impressive showing I'd say considering that Reno air racing was an after thought since he geared his Varieze toward efficiency as much or more than speed.

He currently is running his Long Ez in the sport class at Reno. Send him an email. Guaranteed it will get him thinking...

George

Comment

Love to have him, but 150 mph on the sport corse would be like pulling no g, 150 on the f1 track he will get to pull a little

Comment

Originally posted by f1-69 View Post
                  Love to have him, but 150 mph on the sport corse would be like pulling no g, 150 on the f1 track he will get to pull a little
                  Must have been a typo - Delaminator ran 250 around the pylons...

Comment

We just acquired an F1 project for our youth build a plane program from Bobby Budde. The wing is off El Bandito and the fuselage was Bud Pedigo's Mr. B. However I'm having a little difficulty figuring out what type of racer Mr. B was and I can't find any pictures of it. If anyone has any information on the racer please let me know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12065907_10153784395884432_9104151921364893918_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	228079

Comment

Originally posted by LittleJR View Post
                      We just acquired an F1 project for our youth build a plane program from Bobby Budde. The wing is off El Bandito and the fuselage was Bud Pedigo's Mr. B. However I'm having a little difficulty figuring out what type of racer Mr. B was and I can't find any pictures of it. If anyone has any information on the racer please let me know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21824[/ATTACH]
                      Cool parts in the back

*And a quick google search looks like it is a Mace R-1/Mace R-2 "Shark"/Mace-Trefethen, etc... If that helps..
                      Last edited by GRNDP51; 10-25-2015, 09:56 PM.
                      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                      X