P-38 Over Park City, UT Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-38 Over Park City, UT Today

Hey All - We just had a P-38 fly over our house today, Park City, UT, about 5:00 pm MST - going East to West - A first for us to see while we just sittin' here reading on our deck - anyone have any idea who that might've been???
    (Sorry, No photo - no time to get camera - just wanted to watch....)

Cheers!
    DB

Re: P-38 Over Park City, UT Today

Originally posted by Daver View Post
    Hey All - We just had a P-38 fly over our house today, Park City, UT, about 5:00 pm MST - going East to West - A first for us to see while we just sittin' here reading on our deck - anyone have any idea who that might've been???
    (Sorry, No photo - no time to get camera - just wanted to watch....)

Cheers!

Now Dave,
    I understand we just wrapped a really awesome Reno trip and a lot is still swirling around in our heads, and I also know what goes on outside on your deck. We can only hope that a neighbor will call it in and we will get an honest report from our friends at the FAA.

Comment

I saw the same one over my house yesterday, headed north in the vicinity of Hill Air Force Base.

You were not dreaming.

Comment

I just got a photo from my son who is based at Hill AFB - the P-38 was there for an F-35 unveiling type ceremony and was parked on the ramp with an F-35 and F-16 - all Lockheed products I guess. The photo is kinda small, but the P-38 looks like it might be Glacier Girl - it was camoed and I couldn't see any colors on the spinners.

Comment

The above is correct, a Lockheed P-38 Lightning "1" and an Lockheed F-35 Lightning "2" are in town and flying together for the "Brass" at HAFB according to my neighbor who works there too. I had the two in formation over my house, but couldn't draw and snap a picture quick enough on my smartphone.

Comment

Working...
          X