Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod's Projects

Default Rod's Projects

So I just saw this...

http://allthingsaero.com/military-av...an-comes-alive

And he just finished the A-20 Havoc...

So is that the reason 232 was being neglected?? That's a lot of round engines he's been working on and that Connie seems to be a lot more expensive than fixing 232! Awesome to see running though
    Last edited by GRNDP51; 10-10-2015 at 12:06 PM.
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

Default Re: Rod's Projects

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    So I just saw this...

And he just finished the B-26...

So is that the reason 232 was being neglected?? That's a lot of round engines he's been working on and that Connie seems to be a lot more expensive than fixing 232! Awesome to see running though
    The only--ONLY--reason bought 232 in the first place was to get the slow nose case off of the R-3350 to use on the Bearcat. Mike Brown wouldn't just sell him the motor or the nose case...he had to buy the whole thing. So ultimately, 232 was never anything more than second fiddle. And I think Rod finally figured out that the return on 232 wasn't worth it when the Bearcat was the prom queen.

That is sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    The only--ONLY--reason bought 232 in the first place was to get the slow nose case off of the R-3350 to use on the Bearcat. Mike Brown wouldn't just sell him the motor or the nose case...he had to buy the whole thing. So ultimately, 232 was never anything more than second fiddle. And I think Rod finally figured out that the return on 232 wasn't worth it when the Bearcat was the prom queen.
    Also, didn't Rod want his Tigercat, and the deal was the same -all 3 airplanes or no deal.

Either way, even though 232 is the most badass Sea Fury(IMHO); it benefits the preservation of history way more to have him put his money into projects like the Connie and his newly restored A-20.

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    So I just saw this...

And he just finished the B-26...

So Rod has a flying Marauder I've never heard of ??? !! I think you mean he just finished the A-20.

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    So Rod has a flying Marauder I've never heard of ??? !! I think you mean he just finished the A-20.
    B-26 Marauder

....jussayin'
    Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Quote Originally Posted by SpinB View Post
    B-26 Marauder

....jussayin'
    He is right, my mistake.. Always get them confused, both rare and almost the same plane LOL. But yes, Rod's A-20 is what I meant.
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

Marilyn Dash is reporting that 232 is for sale;
    People have kicked the tires with their checkbook in hand, but nothing has been finalized.
    remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
    For a spare? Rare Bear already has the slow case, yes? And when I saw 232 at Reno last month, the only thing missing was the prop (swapped over to the Bear). Sad to see 232 relegated to a "parts plane"...

I believe that 232 has been for sale since last year. Seems like I just read that, possibly someone might be interested in her.
    Brian