Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Biscuit ??

Default Air Biscuit ??

Any chance she might show up at Reno in the future?

Default Re: Air Biscuit ??

Nope...

That's too bad. I enjoyed seeing the Wildcat on take off and rounding the pylons!
    I recently saw Air Biscuit at the WARHAWK Air Museum in Nampa, ID.

Given the politics that happened in the Unlimited class in 2012/2013 and the resulting power-play, there are a lot of old 'regulars' that most likely won't ever come back. And since Tom Camp was class president when the end-around was done, there's an especially good reason Air Biscuit won't ever come back.

I hate this thread, the power-play politics issue really sucked. Oh well, fill the field with some new stockers like we started to do this year
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

The players have changed at RARA. Time to forget them and come back to play.

We Want Air Biscuit Back...............We Want Air Biscuit Back..................We Want Air Biscuit Back

Quote Originally Posted by Sneauxman View Post
    The players have changed at RARA. Time to forget them and come back to play.
    You're kind of missing the point. It's not about the players at RARA. It was politics IN the Unlimited Class, and about the owner of the red and white Mustang who used the situation to 'restructure' the prize money payout schedule for the Unlimiteds in 'his' favor...and by doing so gave the Bronze racers the finger and figuratively told them that nobody came to watch them anyhow. It rubbed a lot of racers the wrong way and they won't be back. Why should they bring their equipment for the week when the money that used to help cover their costs isn't there anymore.

THAT'S the problem. You can't forget and come back and play if the situation hasn't changed.

That is why we only had 3 really modified race planes in the unlimited class.
    Lockheed Bob

Well Precious Metal had a fire and Czech Mate didn't come for other reasons.

Jarrod