TEAM KNOTTY GIRL 2015 RACE RECAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEAM KNOTTY GIRL 2015 RACE RECAP

Team Knotty Girl had our best year to date this year !

We qualified at 220.102 mph-- Our fastest ever.
    Won the Thursday Silver Heat @226.489 and rode the firetruck !
    5th place in Friday Gold Heat @ 226.271
    5th place in Saturday Gold Heat @ 226.137
    6th place in Sunday's Gold Final @ 224.887
    Had no DNS's or DNF'S.
    Had the coolest tow vehicle on the ramp (built by team member Nathan Hancock)
    Phil tied for 7th in the Air Race 1World Cup standings and 3rd in the standings for Reno.

2015 CREW:
    Crew Chief: Kelly Goforth
    Assistant Crew Chief: Izzie Goforth
    Nathan Hancock
    Robert Leucht
    Richard Leucht
    Joseph Clark

Special mention to Jay Jones and all of the crew that worked there tails off in Midland getting the girl ready for Reno. Also to Mark TerKeurs and his friend Paul for whipping up wing root and gear leg fairings in Reno. It was an honor to be a part of the crew again this year. Can't wait for next year. (More improvements coming !)
    Knotty Girl Crew

Re: TEAM KNOTTY GIRL 2015 RACE RECAP

A few pictures from this year, will try and add more later
    Picture #1 is our pit with the Crew of the Year Trophy we won last year in the foreground.
    Picture #3 is an "in progress" photo of the wing root fairings being built.
    Picture #4 l to r : Robert Leucht, Nathan Hancock, Joseph Clark. Richard Leucht is barely visible between Nathan and the prop blade.
    Great bunch of guys to crew with!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 3dWrightBrother; 10-06-2015, 07:08 PM.
    Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Way to go !!!

Comment

Way to go Team Knotty Girl. I was great seeing you'all. Such a positive attitude.

Thanks for sharing on AAFO

Comment

Ken at Lycon did the engine for us and it was an angry little motor , can't thank him enough , Craig Catto set us up with a new race prop , it's still evolving can't wait to see what next years prop will look like, we are already working on her for next year we want at least 235 mph
          Thanks to Russ for being on the crew for so long

Comment

Originally posted by f1-69 View Post
            Ken at Lycon did the engine for us and it was an angry little motor , can't thank him enough , Craig Catto set us up with a new race prop , it's still evolving can't wait to see what next years prop will look like, we are already working on her for next year we want at least 235 mph
            I noticed the improvement and was impressed by your performance. Here's to even more next year.

And that definitely was the coolest tow vehicle in any class.
            Last edited by FlyKidChris; 10-05-2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by f1-69 View Post
              Can't thank Phil and Kelly enough for the opportunity they have given me. Got to have a hand in seeing Knotty Girl evolve through the years and work on some other cool airplanes too ! Formula 1 really is one big family and I am honored to be a part of it. Phil had a prop signed by all of the F1 pilots this year and had it presented to John Parker when he accepted his awards for winning the Sport Class Gold- picture below. John is one of many that got his start in F1.
              Just finished downloading photos and videos from my phone- will post more in the days ahead as I get the time.
              Attached Files
              Knotty Girl Crew

Comment

Working...
              X