Blindsided!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blindsided!

Been absent from the forum for the most part for the last week.. got hit with some sort of mystery illness that absolutely wrecked the left side of my neck.. Doctor said that it looked like I'd been in a fairly serious auto accident and had whiplash.. but, I'd only slept! (NASCAR driving in my sleep?? )

Anyway, long story short, l've been in a neck brace taking pain and muscle relaxer meds, barely able to open my mouth, swallow, move my head, sit up... look at computer, etc etc etc..

Really $hitty timing, I may have missed my deadline for Atlantic Flyer story... have not read, at least 60 of the last messages on the board, paid bills... yadda yadda!

I almost always wind up with *something* after RENO, usually just bad cold/flu, but this, by far, was the damndest!

Anybody else ever get anything like this ? Mostly affected my left side, had a fever ranging from 99+ up to a high of 102 felt like every muscle from my shoulder "saddle" muscle up through jaw muscles right up to all the muscle attach points on your skull were EXTREMELY strained.. I mean where muscles you never knew you had muscles hurt, really affected the muscles we use to swallow... actually it scared the crap out of me because it seemed like it radiated right from where I had a tumor removed 11 years ago!!

After 5th day of pain and muscle relaxer meds and sleeping like rip van winkle, I'm finally able to hold my head up (for a while at a time) and swallow without extreme pain, mouth opens better too...

Weird one to be sure, missed a great week of weather on the river, hoping to be able to drive the rest of the way home tomorrow or next day.

OK... sorry for posting the here, I'll move to off topic section after a few of you read it.. just wanted ya'll to know I didn't drop off the face of the earth.

hoping to feel like this SOON!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Blindsided!

Sounds like you've had a crummy week. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Brian

Comment

Well, thats not good. I hope you feel better.

Will

Comment

Take care Wayne & get better.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Thanks!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Happened to me a couple of times - mostly because I like to watch TV in bed before I go to sleep... and then wind up going to sleep with my head propped-up (love the "Wings of the Luftwaffe" series, something about that British accent makes me tired - LOL). Getting old sucks - hope you get better soon my friend.

Really missed you, Brad, and everyone else this year at Reno. You know I couldn't make it because of work (couldn't get the time off and didn't know until 2 weeks before the event). All I can do is push for next year

We'll talk soon - you get your rest now or Linda will have your
            Mark K....

Comment

That sucks Wayne. I was starting to wonder what was going on. Hopefully it'll clear out of you pronto. Thanks for the update.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
              X