Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fleet Week San Francisco Oct 8-12, 2015. Blue Angels, Patriots Jet Team, 747 Demo +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fleet Week San Francisco Oct 8-12, 2015. Blue Angels, Patriots Jet Team, 747 Demo

2.30pm. The Blue Angels are going through their routine slowly and repeatedly. Good day for photos. 65 degrees F, 5mph breeze mostly suuny.

Comment

Re: Fleet Week San Francisco Oct 8-12, 2015. Blue Angels, Patriots Jet Team, 747 Demo

Are the Blue Angels flying out of SFO?

Comment

4.30pm. They are back doing another practice show.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
          I believe they are landing at the North Field Oakland Airport

Comment

4.30-5pm the Blue Angels C130 did their show. Currently a comfortable 65 degrees F with a 5mph ocean breeze. Last Saturday at this time it was blowing an uncomfortable 20-30mph with a gale warning outside the Golden Gate Bridge.
            Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-08-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Here is a video of them parking their planes.

Taking place over three consecutive days, this event attracts over a million people every year.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                2.30pm. The Blue Angels are going through their routine slowly and repeatedly. Good day for photos. 65 degrees F, 5mph breeze mostly suuny.
                Was watching at this time from the 39th floor of the building I work in on Market St..
                We got a couple up close flyby's.
                remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Here are two videos I took from Pier 41, south of Alcatraz Island from a smartphone. Due to the sun at my back and the glare on the screen, I could not see the planes in the viewfinder so I just pointed the phone where I thought the planes were, shot at wide angle and got lucky. All unedited. This was practice day so many of the maneuvers were repeated, especially the solos.

The Golden Gate Bridge and Pacific Ocean is to the left/West, Berkeley and Oakland are to the right/East. Alcatraz Island, Angel Island, Sausalito, Belvedere, Tiburon, Marin County is to the top/North, San Jose is to the bottom/South.

Video 1 Blue Angels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aufjxsAZ0Qo

Video 2 Blue Angels: https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_i...referrer=watch

Video 3 taken last Saturday on October 3, 2015 5pm when the wind was blowing an uncomfortable 20mph: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee9O0eqJ6Oc
                  Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-09-2015, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
                    Was watching at this time from the 39th floor of the building I work in on Market St..
                    We got a couple up close flyby's.
                    It was a nice day to be near the water. A comfortable 65 degrees. I was in shorts and a t-shirt.

Comment

The Blue Angels once again dazzled crowds in San Francisco as they roared through San Francisco for Fleet Week 2015.

The Blue Angels show will be live on the Internet Friday, Saturday and Sunday on channel 7 KGO 3-4pm.
                      Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-09-2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Saturday 9.30am. The marine Fog that San Francisco is known for is covering the East Bay. It usually clears up mid day but sometimes can still cover the area where the air show will be. The fog had not pushed in this far for the last few days. This could change the show plans for the high altitude Blue Angels show.
                        Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-10-2015, 09:24 AM.

Comment

What does the 747 demo consist of?

Comment

What does the 747 demo consist of?
                            The 747 did NOT fly on Friday. There was a 2 engine commercial jet flying instead. The 747 just flies around the 5 mile area between the Golden Gate Bridge to Treasure Island. It doesn't do rolls, loops, torque rolls. Got to get Sean Tucker inside of it and let him fly it, then we'll have a real air show.
                            Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-10-2015, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Two videos from Friday, taken from Aquatic Park at wide angle from a automatic focus smartphone.

Video 1, about 50% of the Blue Angels air show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f31MmKHla6E

Video 2, Blue Angels C130 Low Fast Pass heading south: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P9TSetJVjs
                              Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-10-2015, 01:01 PM.

Comment

The fog burned away from the East Bay around noon. The Ferry leaving Oakland is full and many people have to wait an hour for the next one. Bart is packed. Fleet Week has maxed out our public transit systems. God help us.

Comment

Working...
                                X