Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Reno Pictures

Default Re: Some Reno Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    Low quality<snip>
    Not really.. You show a very interesting angle, that which the general visitor sees and you make your photos snap with the excitement of the moment. I've been trying over the past two years to grab that same angle and didn't come near to what you have there. We photographers can be our own worst critics! I photograph does not have to be "front page quality" to be truly a great photo. At a quick glance, (all I can do right now... read my other message about my recent health bout) I think you truly grabbed the RENO experience from the place where most everyone gets to see it..

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Quote Originally Posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Not really.. You show a very interesting angle, that which the general visitor sees and you make your photos snap with the excitement of the moment. I've been trying over the past two years to grab that same angle and didn't come near to what you have there. We photographers can be our own worst critics! I photograph does not have to be "front page quality" to be truly a great photo. At a quick glance, (all I can do right now... read my other message about my recent health bout) I think you truly grabbed the RENO experience from the place where most everyone gets to see it..

No, what I meant by low quality was the resolution of the pics. FB just kills the quality of the pics, when I get them all done and uploaded to Flickr, I can post a random two side by side and its really easy to see how low quality the FB linked pics are.

Thanks for the complement. Every year my pics get better, sometimes its from better angles/perspective, or better equipment. I rolled the dice on buying a D600 body this year (has the D610 shutter) in hopes of capturing better detail with my shots (I wasn't sure if it was the lens or the camera that was not up to par in the detail area) It was the right buy, now hopefully for next year I'll be able to pick up the new Nikon 200-500 lens so I'm not cropping 60% of the shot down. 300mm isn't enough to shoot from public places. Not many people see the races from where most of the pics I posted were taken. I'm up on the hill between pylons 3 and 4. I hate trying to shoot the actual races from the show, the only good angle seems to be as they come out of pylon 8, or taking off and landing.

I can't wait for next year.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by RAD2LTR View Post
    No, what I meant by low quality was the resolution of the pics. FB just kills the quality of the pics, when I get them all done and uploaded to Flickr, I can post a random two side by side and its really easy to see how low quality the FB linked pics are.

Thanks for the complement. Every year my pics get better, sometimes its from better angles/perspective, or better equipment. I rolled the dice on buying a D600 body this year (has the D610 shutter) in hopes of capturing better detail with my shots (I wasn't sure if it was the lens or the camera that was not up to par in the detail area) It was the right buy, now hopefully for next year I'll be able to pick up the new Nikon 200-500 lens so I'm not cropping 60% of the shot down. 300mm isn't enough to shoot from public places. Not many people see the races from where most of the pics I posted were taken. I'm up on the hill between pylons 3 and 4. I hate trying to shoot the actual races from the show, the only good angle seems to be as they come out of pylon 8, or taking off and landing.

I can't wait for next year.

Will
    Awesome shots man. It's great to see a fresh perspective. Really cool. Thanks for posting them!
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Cell phone pics from post-race Monday...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	21807   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	513 
Size:	649.2 KB 
ID:	21806   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	520 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	21805   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	572 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	21808  

Ok two things. . .

I am officially jealous of that ball cap, how much do you want for it?

I would love to have been a fly on the Strega trailer wall during the boys conversation in that picture.

Very cool, another great and memorable year at Reno!

Don
    Last edited by CRJpilot; 10-05-2015 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJpilot View Post
    Ok two things. . .

I am officially jealous of that ball cap, how much do you want for it?

I would love to have been a fly on the Strega trailer wall during the boys conversation in that picture.

Very cool, another great and memorable year at Reno!

Don
    Thanks man. I haven't shot any serious pics in 4 years now. I still love doing it though. I couldn't walk away from that last shot. Had to get it.

Sorry. Ball cap is NFS. It belongs to the kid. He made buddies with Hoot early in the week. I was just his chauffeur.

RE: the ball cap, oh well I had to ask. . .

Some great shots at the Mustangs-Mustangs site, thanks for sharing anything that happened that week!

Would have been an exciting year to have been there, I'm thinking next year might be even more exciting???

Strega a hot new pilot, Voodoo with tweaked mods, a stable Rare Bear and a new motor. . .

I'm thinking 3 crossing the finish line like last years close finish!

Don

One of the close-ups of Strega rounding a pylon shows the blown exhaust stack while airborne.

"Reno_2015-154628.jpg" at the MustangsMustangs site.

Great shots!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by CRJpilot View Post
    One of the close-ups of Strega rounding a pylon shows the blown exhaust stack while airborne.

"Reno_2015-154628.jpg" at the MustangsMustangs site.

Great shots!

Don
    I can see it on one of my pics from the hillside, the stack let go sometime on lap 1. Its hard to see in my pic, but it is there. My shot was taken lap 2.

Will