T-6 that had gear failure ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-6 that had gear failure ??

I was told the T-6 (sorry I don't know which one) that had a gear fail on rollout was racing again on Sunday. Is this true? If not, how much damage was done to her..hopefully not much. Thanks
    Brian

Re: T-6 that had gear failure ??

Originally posted by supercub View Post
    I was told the T-6 (sorry I don't know which one) that had a gear fail on rollout was racing again on Sunday. Is this true? If not, how much damage was done to her..hopefully not much. Thanks
    Brian
    It was still stuck in the pits on Sunday from what I saw. My dad was talking to one of the guys working on it and the left wing had some damage to it that would prevent it from racing...I believe they said they were going to hard-wire the gear down and get a ferry permit for it to get it back to Van Nuys. There were two Condor Squadron planes there....14 and 42, so the person you talked to may have mistaken it for the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
      Brian
      The gear collapse was after the T-6 1v1 Friday, it didn't race after that for the rest of the weekend. The damage wasn't major but it wasn't allowed to race for safety reasons. Honest entry race 42
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
        It was still stuck in the pits on Sunday from what I saw. My dad was talking to one of the guys working on it and the left wing had some damage to it that would prevent it from racing...I believe they said they were going to hard-wire the gear down and get a ferry permit for it to get it back to Van Nuys. There were two Condor Squadron planes there....14 and 42, so the person you talked to may have mistaken it for the other one.
        Yup, saw it depart Monday without the gear doors and gear down.

Comment

Working...
        X