Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Was the announcing better ??

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    There are some solutions, get a pit pass and enjoy the event from there. Maybe RARA should consider moving the boxes west towards the pits. Starting at the first reserved bleachers and going west from there. Less speakers and more pit action - thats a "Win Win"
    NOOOOOoooooo! Don'y move the boxes into the pits, they'll bring the speakers/announcers with them.
    Bill Garnett
    InterstellarDust
    Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

There were still many errors, especially by Steve S. He referred to Hoot Gibson as "Hoot Wilson" at least once.

I do like having the race class participants or members doing the announcing during their races.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyKidChris View Post
        There were still many errors, especially by Steve S. He referred to Hoot Gibson as "Hoot Wilson" at least once.

I do like having the race class participants or members doing the announcing during their races.
        Smoot should announce Unlimiteds!!! Or like we said Skip Holm before
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Bill@Interstell View Post
          NOOOOOoooooo! Don'y move the boxes into the pits, they'll bring the speakers/announcers with them.
          No joke! That's one of the best parts of watching from the pits. All you here are scanners broadcasting race control and the sound of engines.

Comment

So take 5 minutes and write RARA expressing your displeasure. I did.

The sport deserves better than Stewie and the Bad Boys of Air Racing.

Contact the Reno Air Races today. The Reno Air Racing Association can be found at 14501 Mt. Anderson St. Reno, NV 89506. You can also call the Reno Air Racing Association at 7759726663.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyGoss75 View Post
              <>
              ... and I have MUCH respect for the job the GREAT Sandy Sanders did for so many years...
              Sandy Sanders was legendary!
              remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                So take 5 minutes and write RARA expressing your displeasure. I did.

The sport deserves better than Stewie and the Bad Boys of Air Racing.

http://airrace.org/contact/
                Do you know of anyone who's received a response from RARA? No probably not
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                  I too believe the announcing was better this year. Was FKS even there this year? I think Mike Mangold is a fantastic announcer for the Jet Class.
                  I've been saying that about Mike Mangold since 2013. I'm one of the few who also watches the Red Bull Air Races (ducking). Which he announces for as well.

There's something to be said for someone who knows the technicalities of the racing and is well-spoken as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X