Great Race week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Race week

You are never sure how the week will go when you get to the Fastest Motor Sport in the world. For something that I am only a spectator it is by far the scariest thing one can do in my opinion. Part of the problem is you get to know the participants in this event even if only a little bit. The Unlimited event is by far the scariest but it all has it's thrills and chills

PARKER WINS, BEAR ON POLE, BIPLANE RECORD AND A LITTLE FROG JET OF DEHAVILAND (they did design the comet and my favorite the Mosquito) 40's design wins?

One of two announcers we all love to hate goes hoarse, what a gift that was and if only the Boogity, Booogity Bad Boys of Air Racing could have also gone hoarse.

It was a toss up who would win out of the three but to stick under 400 MPH racers in the event was dangerous in my opinion. SAWBONES and DREADNAUGHT should have been the only one with the other 3 in my opinion. When you make all these other dangerous rules and then do this? And the final race by 3 PM before the winds seem to start, Then finish with loopity acts.

It was great and I am Glad Hoot one in the mighty STREGA, BEAR may win but it is a 480MPH airplane not 510MPH. Stevens hair reminds me of our hair when I first went in 1970. VooDoo lost because they made a beautiful mustang ugly (again my opinion) Thanks, KC

Re: Great Race week

IMO Voodoo lost this year because they made two too many changes

1. Stevo's hairdo.
    2. Uglified paint job. In fact, the new purple & orange is so close to Rare Bear's paint-do I think some of their problems rubbed off on Team Voodoo - which is probably why Rare Bear finished #2 this year

Comment

Working...
    X