Lol

Switch hands

Breathe!

Hahaha

Default Re: Unlimited Gold details?????

hoot!
    1960 Piper Comanche

Im not at the races, but I just got a text from my friend who is ... he said, "Strega won, Rare Bear was second, Voodoo had a mayday but is on the ground ok, and Dreadnought got third" ...

489 average speed
    bear
    \dreadnought
    voodoo mayday
    1960 Piper Comanche

Any "race reports"?

Rampman Guest

Hey, don't hate on the reporters. Just got home and I live close! The race was a horizon job by Hoot. He jumped out at the beginning and ended up winning by almost half a lap. Voodoo never seemed to be right all week. Today they were trailing either vapor or smoke the whole race (unless it was some new boil off overflow or something). It was enough so I noticed it though. They were finally passed by the Bear on about lap 4 I think and immediately pulled up for a mayday. They were checking the screens for metal after the race. Maybe they just ran out of luck this year!

The Bear didn't seem to have any issues, just not fast enough! The airplane was dry afterwards. May have had an issue before landing but don't know for sure. Things get a little chaotic out there during the final race. It's hard to hear the radio over the play by play guys when you're in the stands also! Nice to see John Penny hanging out in the pit afterwards.

Got to congratulate the whole Strega crew. Nobody knew for sure what kind of effort they were going to put up this year (do we ever know with Tiger?), and Hoot flew like you would expect a space shuttle commander to fly. They simply kicked ass!

A really good day for racing. The formula 1 gold race was really good, and the jet race featured a last lap pass that the announcing team didn't even know was happening! It's also nice to see John Parker finally get a gold win after so many years trying.

A safe week with perfect weather and great racing. And one of America's finest astronauts is the champion. Could be worse! Hopefully the NBC TV show will be just as good!

Thumbs up Re: Unlimited Gold details?????

thanks Rampman!

Quote Originally Posted by Rampman View Post
    Hey, don't hate on the reporters. Just got home and I live close! The race was a horizon job by Hoot. He jumped out at the beginning and ended up winning by almost half a lap. Voodoo never seemed to be right all week. Today they were trailing either vapor or smoke the whole race (unless it was some new boil off overflow or something). It was enough so I noticed it though. They were finally passed by the Bear on about lap 4 I think and immediately pulled up for a mayday. They were checking the screens for metal after the race. Maybe they just ran out of luck this year!

The Bear didn't seem to have any issues, just not fast enough! The airplane was dry afterwards. May have had an issue before landing but don't know for sure. Things get a little chaotic out there during the final race. It's hard to hear the radio over the play by play guys when you're in the stands also! Nice to see John Penny hanging out in the pit afterwards.

Got to congratulate the whole Strega crew. Nobody knew for sure what kind of effort they were going to put up this year (do we ever know with Tiger?), and Hoot flew like you would expect a space shuttle commander to fly. They simply kicked ass!

A really good day for racing. The formula 1 gold race was really good, and the jet race featured a last lap pass that the announcing team didn't even know was happening! It's also nice to see John Parker finally get a gold win after so many years trying.

A safe week with perfect weather and great racing. And one of America's finest astronauts is the champion. Could be worse! Hopefully the NBC TV show will be just as good!

Vodooo ran out of water!