Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Place Your Bets!

Default Place Your Bets!

Okay, gotta bet some jing on who wins the big trophy tomorrow in Unlimited.

My crystal ball sez: Hoot is my man, but he likes to keep current with his powerless landings, so he drops out on lap 5.

The gender re-assignment surgery they did to the bearcat a couple of years ago in Texas seems to be non-reversible, so 77 will give the Buick a good run for it's money until the ADI runs dry on lap 7.5, so they settle for fifth place, which is still an improvement over the last two years.

Stevo in #5 Voodoo cruises to another victory at half throttle, they should have just left the ferry motor in it.

I've plunked my wife's cat food money for the week down on this, sure hope it pays off big!! or else..

So, what have you out there got your moneys bet on?

Default Re: Place Your Bets!

Quote Originally Posted by toldjaso View Post
    Okay, gotta bet some jing on who wins the big trophy tomorrow in Unlimited.

My crystal ball sez: Hoot is my man, but he likes to keep current with his powerless landings, so he drops out on lap 5.

The gender re-assignment surgery they did to the bearcat a couple of years ago in Texas seems to be non-reversible, so 77 will give the Buick a good run for it's money until the ADI runs dry on lap 7.5, so they settle for fifth place, which is still an improvement over the last two years.

Stevo in #5 Voodoo cruises to another victory at half throttle, they should have just left the ferry motor in it.

I've plunked my wife's cat food money for the week down on this, sure hope it pays off big!! or else..

So, what have you out there got your moneys bet on?
    Hoot, ummm Hoot, ummmm some more Hoot

Race 5 close behind, Stew sees he can't keep up and doesn't want to waste the engine so he pulls 3rd
    *My Air Race Site*

Reno from '99 to '19

Your on young man.

No cat food money. I have my stash of big dawg money.

I think Hoot really wants this win today, so he and Steve Jr will hit it hard and Stu will stay close behind watching their lines.

Lap 6 he shows his full hand.

I'll pull for 77, but who ever crosses the finish line first will be my hero.

The wish every racer a memorable and safe race today.

:

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    Hoot, ummm Hoot, ummmm some more Hoot

Race 5 close behind, Stew sees he can't keep up and doesn't want to waste the engine so he pulls 3rd

I actually hope you win this bet! I hope Hoot finally gets the win, too. He is sure overdue a win.

In my prediction, I factored in the fact that Strega has been pushing the limit for several years now, and as far as I know, the engine is basically refreshed each year. I am not privy to how much of that is new parts, and how much are reconditioned parts. Even then, sometimes a new part fails, and there is a life limit to anything that is constantly pushed to a limit. The metallurgy in those old engines was sometimes not very good, they have a lot of impurities that got mixed into the metals during the height of wartime production. So, if it holds together, Hoot may get the win.

Stevo has worked his tail off on VooDoo, and has taken a plane that always seemed to come up a little short to the top spot that the owner gave everything he had and more to finally achieve. They are deserving of the win, too, but it seems they are having a few gremlins this time? Hopefully they are ready to rip it today!! So we'll see...

From what I can see, you have seen all the Bear has to offer for this year. Hopefully I am wrong, and Stew pushes the throttle up just far enough to stay out front and get that win that that team also deserves, and has worked so hard for. I know the qualifying win was a big boost, as well as Friday's results, but one has to wonder if Friday was real, or do these guys really have some gentlemanly qualities on the course sometimes? (Not on Sunday, of course)!

So, that is my thoughts on the matter.

I'm all in on my bet, all the chips are placed, bid 'em high and sleep in the street!

Quote Originally Posted by toldjaso View Post

Race 77 placed 4th in 2013, just for clarity. I truly believe they will improve on that with a third place this year. I think Strega has more to show today. However, I really think the Voodoo camp is only going fast enough to stay in the camera frame for these past two days. They have done a bunch of work on that airplane all off season. The people doing that work are very familiar with all the super-stang secrets, I am guessing they did not go backwards with their efforts.

I really would be happy with any of those three in the winners circle. All three camps are deserving and likeable for so many reasons. The best scenario is a finish that resembles D.B. Mueller's awesome painting from 2010, order unimportant. (I wish Czech Mate was there to complete the scene.) If we get a finish anything close to that, the folks at NBC will have something really great to show the world come February.
    http://dbmueller.com/racers/next_generation.html

Fly fast, have fun, get them back on the ground safely.
    Last edited by glider90; 09-20-2015 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glider90 View Post
    However, I really think the Voodoo camp is only going fast enough to stay in the camera frame for these past two days.
    That's my thinking, too. I think the VooDoo crew is running a slightly more conservative strategy, and we're gong to see just how conservative today. I hate to think the other teams aren't as cautious, but after seeing the picture of Strega's exhaust last night, I wonder if we'll have a bit of a repeat of last year.

As a Mustang ( Strega, then Voodoo ) fan, I thought last year was an amazing Sunday final.

This year promises to be even better with a viable "Roundie" in the mix.

The top 3 are very different teams, all with massive amounts of experience on many levels.

Only todays best team effort will win this.

Here's to Witch'n for a safe, exciting, and memorable Sunday Unlimited Gold final.

Go Hoot Go!!!

Don

If Strega has a Nixon motor again, I think it will go the distance. The Wilton motors seem to have come of age but have not yet proven they can take 3 days of abuse and live. I mean pushing,not cruising around at half throttle. Strega did it many times. The Bear will be there to capitalize on any Merlin failures and will be pushing all the way. I'm thinking they all have more left for today.

GP
    Last edited by gp70442; 09-20-2015 at 09:25 AM.

I think both Strega and Voodoo will go for max power right from the start. It was amazing to see how much work they put into Voodoo during the off season, so I'm pulling for Steve-O. I do believe it is a faster airplane than Strega now, and I think Steve has conserved the motor a little more than Hoot has. Voodoo for the win!

I've always been a Voodoo fan, but I would love to see Hoot win this year! I think the Bear will surprize a lot of people today. It's really a toss up between the three. Either way, I Pray everyone stays safe and finishes the race. That in it's self will answer a lot of questions! I wish I could be there for that first lap!

Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!