Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9-17-15

Originally posted by Sven42 View Post
    Says for erratic flying now. I'm sure he was on a short leash after the mid air, but it's sorta surprising they let him race at all if you read the report.
    To this day he still blames the other pilot for the accident. After the stunt he pulled coming around 6 yesterday I'm surprised they even let him get back in the jet today.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
      To this day he still blames the other pilot for the accident. After the stunt he pulled coming around 6 yesterday I'm surprised they even let him get back in the jet today.
      Don't think he should be flying much more over this weekend especially after the DQ, give him another year of PRS and some practice before letting him on the course again. Has anyone ever been "banned" from racing because they just aren't capable?
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        Don't think he should be flying much more over this weekend especially after the DQ, give him another year of PRS and some practice before letting him on the course again. Has anyone ever been "banned" from racing because they just aren't capable?
        It's rare because they are usually weeded out trough failing PRS but I can think of two pilots off hand that were told to never come back after flying poorly in race mode.

Comment

PRS

There were rookies on course, learning the routine with instructors, but with no passing allowed -common in racing schools for other motorsports. The veterans were orbiting high and 2 of them decided to land. 777 dove on the course, turned inside the trail rookie and got trapped by rising terrain. Fearing it would require too many g's to complete the inside pass, he leveled out and hit the rookie in the belly. I don't see how you can blame the other pilot. Passing is not allowed on the inside, plus there was to be no passing at all for this session.

Steve
          Last edited by Sven42; 09-19-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Re: PRS

Originally posted by Sven42 View Post
            There were rookies on course, learning the routine with instructors, but with no passing allowed -common in racing schools for other motorsports. The veterans were orbiting high and 2 of them decided to land. 777 dove on the course, turned inside the trail rookie and got trapped by rising terrain. Fearing it would require too many g's to complete the inside pass, he leveled out and hit the rookie in the belly. I don't see how you can blame the other pilot. Passing is not allowed on the inside, plus there was to be no passing at all for this session.

Steve
            How does a pilot "pass" PRS after doing this?

Comment

It's rare because they are usually weeded out trough failing PRS but I can think of two pilots off hand that were told to never come back after flying poorly in race mode.
              As I recall Darryl G was banned for 1 year - that's when Laidley(?) raced Conquest 1 and I think he got DQ for low flying?

Comment

I could not agree more...
                "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Working...
                X