Pylon cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pylon cuts

Sure seems like there's a lot of pylon cuts this year, especially on #1, and #2 .. Of all places .. why ??

- Joseph

Re: Pylon cuts

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
    Sure seems like there's a lot of pylon cuts this year, especially on #1, and #2 .. Of all places .. why ??

- Joseph
    Trying to stay away from the deadline. It's really tight through there.

Comment

I didn't follow up on the outcome of this, so take it as hearsay.. But, from the pace plane, in a few of the Sport races, it appeared the pylon judge at #1 wasn't really at the pylon. It was brought up for sure.
      Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
        I didn't follow up on the outcome of this, so take it as hearsay.. But, from the pace plane, in a few of the Sport races, it appeared the pylon judge at #1 wasn't really at the pylon. It was brought up for sure.
        Thanks ..

It seemed to get straightened out later in the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudewanarace View Post
          To be clear, there generally 4 -6 judges at each pylon. A few judges stand inside the stick at various angles to judge forced cuts, height above the stick, etc. There is always at least one judge standing at the stick itself, either facing it or with his/her back to it, looking up thru the can to judge whether any portion of the a/c can be seen inside the can.

I'd be willing to bet a serious amount of money that there were any laps runs without a judge at Outer 1 or Inner/Middle 1.

Great week of safe and exciting racing in all classes!
          Owen Ashurst
          Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
          http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Working...
          X