N35FF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N35FF

Word on FB is Mike Brown's (Old Risky) N35FF is getting GOLD wings to go with the polished fuselage .. and He's going to race it.

WHAT!?

Re: N35FF

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
    Word on FB is Mike Brown's (Old Risky) N35FF is getting GOLD wings to go with the polished fuselage .. and He's going to race it.

WHAT!?
    Not even word, there's pictorial evidence!!!
    I never thought I would paint a P51D gold. Wings, rudder and spinner gold. Everything else is polished. Magic Chrome Paint was done by T&P Aero here at Salinas.

Didn't someone post a while back about him naming it "Goldfinger"? Sure fits that paint!

Comment

This is just SO LIKE MIKE BROWN...

But I love it.

Comment

That is definitely Mike Brown!!! Very interesting idea, I bet it will look killer though
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Was sposed to be there this year. Maybe too busy engaging in his court hobby to come.

Comment

Will it be faster than 232?!

Race29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
              Will it be faster than 232?!

Race29
              No, it's not going to be a full on racer. Just a stocker.

Comment

Wow! It's been many years since anybody made a race plane out of a Warbird!

That hasn't happened since Micky Rupp changed his "Old Crow" to the "Samurai Mustang".
                remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
                  Wow! It's been many years since anybody made a race plane out of a Warbird!

That hasn't happened since Micky Rupp changed his "Old Crow" to the "Samurai Mustang".
                  Except that Risky Business has more history as a racer than a warbird. I have to wonder how long it will stay a stocker before he decides he wants to go fast?

Will

Comment

thats is just great news, maybe 2016 will be the turning point.

Polished aluminum and gold will be sexy, especially if he compliments it with some pin-up art that fits the name "Risky Business".

Comment

It's pretty exciting ..

Low-profile canopy would look outstanding.. Like Precious Metal (Merlin one) had, when it was accented with the gold trim, and spinner I believe! Risky wore one for a while too..

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                        thats is just great news, maybe 2016 will be the turning point.

Polished aluminum and gold will be sexy, especially if he compliments it with some pin-up art that fits the name "Risky Business".

I keep thinking the same thing and looking ahead. Steadfast, Risky, possibly Furias or Merced, maybe Dago, 232 and Czech mate back? More stockers? And the blue Angels!! This year will be fun but the future looks brighter too
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Furias, PM, Dago all need major work, odds would be against them if they started tomorrow. PM would have the best chance as they have the motivation.

232 needs a new owner.

Czech Mate I have my fingers crossed.
                          Miss Merced I had heard Eric was racing T-6 this year so hopefully.............

Need to start advertising Air Racing as Simple, Cheap and Easy.......

Or as a quick way to make a million bucks, just leave out the part about starting with 10 million.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
                            Furias, PM, Dago all need major work, odds would be against them if they started tomorrow. PM would have the best chance as they have the motivation.

232 needs a new owner.

Czech Mate I have my fingers crossed.
                            Miss Merced I had heard Eric was racing T-6 this year so hopefully.............

Need to start advertising Air Racing as Simple, Cheap and Easy.......

Or as a quick way to make a million bucks, just leave out the part about starting with 10 million.
                            I think these are all planes that have the potential to come back it's just the future of Reno is holding them back. None of these are out of the question as never coming back at this point and that's what I like thinking. If this year is safe and successful and some more promotion occurs over the off season, 2016 has the chance to be a very special year for Reno, Unlimiteds specifically.
                            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                              I keep thinking the same thing and looking ahead. Steadfast, Risky, possibly Furias or Merced, maybe Dago, 232 and Czech mate back? More stockers? And the blue Angels!! This year will be fun but the future looks brighter too
                              I'd love to see RFNACM make a return.

Comment

Working...
                              X