Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bear on the pole?

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
    If it's actually running as well as we all hope it is, today was fast and the rest of the weekend will push the Mustangs. IMHO 478 is a good Friday race. 54 hours until we know, trying to bring one of these monsters up there and win is something I admire from afar. There is a huge group of people that have worked on it in the past and still root for it, it matters not if they post here, they lurk and the sentiment is there. What might be forgotten is the tradition of the races, pilots that wanted to compete would beg, borrow or steal an airplane to race in, they might show up alone with their aircraft and enlist willing fans to help. Things are much, much different now but it's not that hard to find a racer, that steely eyed gaze is not hard to miss if you recognize it. Good Luck to everyone involved this weekend.
    As second place sets the pace, I wonder how much more speed Rare Bear has? What will we see tomorrow? It does seems smart to have the pole going into Sunday.

So how much more speed does Rare Bear have? Strega? Voodoo?

I just hope all three survive to Sunday.

Comment

Agreed, good race today 77 and 7 having some fun testing each other a 5 just watching the game looking like it was in cruise control. Tomorrow we see the real stuff for pole Sunday. Best part is everyone still running!!
      JoeV

Comment

Bearcat running well is going to be a hard one to get around, astronauts and a/p's driving the fastest piston powered anythings on the planet around a bunch of sticks in the desert. Who'd have thought this was going to happen?
        Last edited by knot4u; 09-18-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
          I'm one ex Rare Bear crew member who is delighted to see this, and not terribly surprised, either. I will never stop being a Rare Bear booster, even though so many friends are working on Voodoo.

I'm a big fan of all three frontrunners, now that Hoot's in Strega. I'll be pleased whoever wins this year.

Neal
          LOL... Neal, I miss seeing you this year! It's funny, every time I read one of your posts, I can HEAR you saying the words... I don't think I feel this with anyone else's posts on the forum..

BTW, I too am excited to see the Bear doing well!
          GO BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hi Wayne...

It still feels funny to not be there. I surely do miss LiveAirshow TV this year. It's been a challenge to figure out what's going on down there from the RARA results pages. I hope our onsite reporters give us some more coverage of T-6 and especially IF1. There seem to be very interesting things happening, and no news about the "lower classes".

Neal

Comment

Indeed. Rookie/Wasabi team member Justin Gillen won a close heat 3B today with impressive speed over his qualifying time. Also Endeavor was DQ'd by the contest committee in today's heat 3A for low flying. Close racing in both classes.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3056.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	228021

Comment

I watched the gold unlimited race today from the VOS. I would guess we saw some gamesmanship today. Strega and Voodoo quickly left Rare Bear. Stevo jumped in front of Strega for a bit then Hoot took the lead for good. The Bear kept close to Voodoo but one wonders if Stevo eased off a bit. I don't think the Bear can match the top end speed of the Mustangs. The question is will the Mustangs destroy each other. Great to have the top three planes survive today and providing great Saturday night debate and speculation!

Comment

Originally posted by AiRick View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21759[/ATTACH]
                    Love that shot!!

Wish I was there or in the absence of that LivestreamTV but the pics are always welcome.

'Gimp
                    sigpic
                    1987 Yakovlev Yak-52
                    Comm-Instr, High-Perf/Complex, TW

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
                      Hi Wayne...

It still feels funny to not be there. I surely do miss LiveAirshow TV this year. It's been a challenge to figure out what's going on down there from the RARA results pages. I hope our onsite reporters give us some more coverage of T-6 and especially IF1. There seem to be very interesting things happening, and no news about the "lower classes".

Neal
                      To be honest, even though I'm here, I've left the position/lap time reporting up to others. I'm not on the results "feed" (used to be, year's ago) so I'm in the same boat as everyone else..

That said, last year while we all awaited results from the Saturday Gold Heat.. Our good friend Curtis Cash managed to text me the at the moment unofficial results which prefaced my post race interviews with Tige and the Kid..

Best computers in the world, sometimes, are not even close in value to close friends in the right places!

Feels pretty funny not having you here to be honest!

Wayner
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
                        Big day for Bear fans!

Eat it! @ChrisMX105
                        Hrmmm.

Distant 2nd

Hoot could have cut a pylon and still won.

Maybe I knew something???

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
                          Hrmmm.

Distant 2nd

Hoot could have cut a pylon and still won.

Maybe I knew something???
                          I don't know what you do, but I was pleased at the Bear's finish today - second isn't first, but it's nothing to be ashamed of, especially considering the speeds that were run.

Comment

Guarantee that was all they had.

Comment

Congrats Hoot, but the Bear proved she's still a formidable contender and Stu and company did an awesome job

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
                                Guarantee that was all they had.
                                Get over it already, it really is getting tiresome.

Comment

Working...
                                X