Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bear on the pole?

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
    Three words on the reasoning for negativity for Rare Bear...former crew members.
    Not all former crew members have an issue with the Rare Bear doing well. I for one would love to see a great demonstration of speed and endurance come Sunday. If indeed the Rare Bear has it's power back and is running at it's peak I have not wavered in the belief that it is unbeatable. I
    A well flown, well running Rare Bear is a beast. I harbor no Ill feelings or thoughts to Rod Lewis, Stu Dawson, or any of the Rare Bear team. The Rare Bear is my Dad's legacy.

For me personally I wish the Tige' and Hoot good luck, Tiger was my Dad's best friend. I however have developed a great friendship with Stevo Hinton, I respect him and wish him God Speed. So I'll cheer for Voodoo on Sunday to take the checkered flag first, but I'll cheer for the Bearcat to lead for a while. As Kerch once told me, you can lead all the laps you want. But not the last one, that's my turn.
    Go fast have a safe year.
    John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV View Post
      Not all former crew members have an issue with the Rare Bear doing well. I for one would love to see a great demonstration of speed and endurance come Sunday. If indeed the Rare Bear has it's power back and is running at it's peak I have not wavered in the belief that it is unbeatable. I
      A well flown, well running Rare Bear is a beast. I harbor no Ill feelings or thoughts to Rod Lewis, Stu Dawson, or any of the Rare Bear team. The Rare Bear is my Dad's legacy.

For me personally I wish the Tige' and Hoot good luck, Tiger was my Dad's best friend. I however have developed a great friendship with Stevo Hinton, I respect him and wish him God Speed. So I'll cheer for Voodoo on Sunday to take the checkered flag first, but I'll cheer for the Bearcat to lead for a while. As Kerch once told me, you can lead all the laps you want. But not the last one, that's my turn.
      Question for you John... as you are friends with Stevo and all, and have likely discussed it. What are his thoughts on the Bear? Because publicly, at least as far as being an outsider can ascertain... he has not shown much respect for it. Then again, he hasn't had much reason to during *his* era.

Whippersnappers! Ha...
      Last edited by RichH; 09-17-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

We all know one of three will win for 2015, we like all the teams but fast is fast and only three have that. I hope the guys from Texas finally win but my money is on STREGA. Thanks, KC

Comment

John and everybody, I would not say any of the former crew have an issue with the Bear doing well.
          The issue is probably more like they, too, are disappointed in the results of the last few years.
          The Bear did better in 2009 with the B-29 engine on it than it has the last three years. That's all.
          I know most of the people who read these posts are fed up with the former crew's comments, so I don't want to prolong that agony. But I also don't think every single thing they post should be viewed as just hate mail.
          We are all looking forward to a great race week this year, Bear is on the pole, Go Bear!!

Comment

Not all former crew members have an issue with the Rare Bear doing well.
            Thanks for your post, John. You always have a great perspective.
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
              John and everybody, I would not say any of the former crew have an issue with the Bear doing well.
              The issue is probably more like they, too, are disappointed in the results of the last few years.
              The Bear did better in 2009 with the B-29 engine on it than it has the last three years. That's all.
              I know most of the people who read these posts are fed up with the former crew's comments, so I don't want to prolong that agony. But I also don't think every single thing they post should be viewed as just hate mail.
              We are all looking forward to a great race week this year, Bear is on the pole, Go Bear!!
              You are absolutely right. I am guilty of reading things from former crew through a negative lens and for that I apologize. Some of the exchanges on The evil empire of FB don't help either. They are constantly accusing each other of slamming one another. We all play a part in moving this forward in a positive direction.

I am looking forward to a great race this year and hoping that eventually all bear fans, former crew, current crew and all race fans in general can appreciate ALL racers in the manner that they deserve to be.

Long live NCAR.

Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by KAHNZILLA View Post
                We all know one of three will win for 2015, we like all the teams but fast is fast and only three have that. I hope the guys from Texas finally win but my money is on STREGA. Thanks, KC
                There is another possibility that most people will laugh at--It's Friday--by Sunday at the end of the gold race it could be that Dreadnought is the last one running. I doubt it, but it's not totally out of question. With that said I'd still like to see a 490's plus race on Sunday!!!

Comment

Has the bearcat been repaired and will it be ready to start this afternoon? Honest question, not trying fan any tinder.

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
                    Has the bearcat been repaired and will it be ready to start this afternoon? Honest question, not trying fan any tinder.
                    Not sure what you thought need repaired but yes they ran it on the ramp an hour ago. Sounds ready to go
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                      Not sure what you thought need repaired but yes they ran it on the ramp an hour ago. Sounds ready to go
                      Maydays=Repairs? Perhaps my math is wrong.

Comment

Looks like the bear is back! 1st place at 478! 2nd #7 3rd #5

Comment

Big day for Bear fans!

Eat it! @ChrisMX105

Comment

Yes!
                            Details? Was it close at any time?

Comment

If it's actually running as well as we all hope it is, today was fast and the rest of the weekend will push the Mustangs. IMHO 478 is a good Friday race. 54 hours until we know, trying to bring one of these monsters up there and win is something I admire from afar. There is a huge group of people that have worked on it in the past and still root for it, it matters not if they post here, they lurk and the sentiment is there. What might be forgotten is the tradition of the races, pilots that wanted to compete would beg, borrow or steal an airplane to race in, they might show up alone with their aircraft and enlist willing fans to help. Things are much, much different now but it's not that hard to find a racer, that steely eyed gaze is not hard to miss if you recognize it. Good Luck to everyone involved this weekend.

Comment

I'm one ex Rare Bear crew member who is delighted to see this, and not terribly surprised, either. I will never stop being a Rare Bear booster, even though so many friends are working on Voodoo.

I'm a big fan of all three frontrunners, now that Hoot's in Strega. I'll be pleased whoever wins this year.

Neal

Comment

Working...
                                X