Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Crow Recipies

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Personally, I like mine lightly breaded, no feathers.

Congratulations to the Bear Crew and Mr Dawson!

Qual speed is about 1-2% different from the last 2 years and all of a sudden it's a miracle?

2014: 476 Qual and DNF on Sunday
    2013: 473 Qual and 451 avg on Sunday

Be interesting to see what happens when more than 2 laps are flown.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
      Qual speed is about 1-2% different from the last 2 years and all of a sudden it's a miracle?

Hahahaha.
      Haters Gonna Hate.

Go throw some luggage at gate Buthurt.

Comment

Re: bear on the pole?

We will see how the week goes(=

480 is a respectable number. We'll see how much more they have come Sunday.

Comment

Really, does it ever stop?

Lets move forward and be positive, the team deserves some compliments!
          Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-16-2015, 10:16 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

To be fair, I was going to post the same thing as Chris, but with nicer words and more smileys.....

Comment

But look at the conditions in this year's qual... The weather was crap, a 480 lap is killer for the Bear
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Seriously, enough is enough.

Instead of the negativity, try being a supportive fan. We still have an amazing thing going on out in Reno and having the Bear there only makes it better. I can't wait to see what the Bear and every other plane brings to races each year. This is going to be a great year and we are all blessed to be able to attend it.

I was a lurker long before I joined this site and I used to love reading your posts and some of the other posts from the old Bear crew. They were filled with insight and fascinating information for the casual and rabid Reno fan. Now all we get is the occasional slam on the current crew and how bad the Bear is.

Most of us know that the qual times are similar to previous years and there is a chance she may not make it for the full eight, but dammit I'm a fan of these races and my hope and enthusiasm will not be extinguished by constant nay saying!!!

Go Bear! Go Unlimiteds! Go Jets! Go Sports! Go T-6s! Go Bipes! Go F1s! And most of all Go Reno Air Races!!!

I fly out this afternoon!!!! WooHoo!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                  To be fair, I was going to post the same thing as Chris, but with nicer words and more smileys.....

Yes, it is a long road to Sunday for all teams. I remember a time when the Merlins couldn't outlast the big radial on Sunday.

Now fortunes have changed.

We could only hope that all teams survive through Sunday. Make for a great showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by CanIFlyIt View Post
                    <>

Didn't Voodoo have the wing or engine incidence removed in the off season?
                    - 2014, got the engine thrust alignment
                    - 2015, got the wing incidence alignment
                    remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
                      - 2015, got the wing incidence alignment
                      For a "Secret modification" that was the worst kept secret.
                      John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV View Post
                        Haha! You fun guy.

Back to what ChrisMX105 said. What's the big deal? Why is everyone jumping his chit? I think he's dead on with his comments. The Bear is respectively fast but the 3350s just can't seem to hang on for 8 laps at that speed. History tells that recent story. Stu had absolutely the best conditions of the last three days of qualifying. The Merlins are really in their prime right now but, conditions have not been in their favor. It wasn't that long ago that they couldn't keep it together for 8 laps. That's just the ebb and flow of motor sports. Sunday tells all anyways.

The laughs these posts must provide the teams. I suppose that's a good thing too.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                          Haha! You fun guy.

Back to what ChrisMX105 said. What's the big deal? Why is everyone jumping his chit? I think he's dead on with his comments. The Bear is respectively fast but the 3350s just can't seem to hang on for 8 laps at that speed. History tells that recent story. Stu had absolutely the best conditions of the last three days of qualifying. The Merlins are really in their prime right now but, conditions have not been in their favor. It wasn't that long ago that they couldn't keep it together for 8 laps. That's just the ebb and flow of motor sports. Sunday tells all anyways.

The laughs these posts must provide the teams. I suppose that's a good thing too.
                          Exactly what I was thinking. As much as I like the Bear, when it's 91 degrees on Sunday both of those Mustangs will be long gone. It does make for some much-needed drama given this year's small field

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV View Post
                            I thought the secrecy was more what they did to the radiator scoop, and possible internal changes.

Comment

Three words on the reasoning for negativity for Rare Bear...former crew members.
                              "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                              -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Originally posted by Tigercat24 View Post
                                Three words on the reasoning for negativity for Rare Bear...former crew members.
                                Exactly..

It's quite entertaining to watch, really. For that sake; Here's to a 2015 Gold for Rare Bear!

Comment

Working...
                                X