The 2015 Reports Section: Questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2015 Reports Section: Questions?

I think I'm going to pretty much have to take Monday off (cha, right) to catch up on the site... OK.. not really..

About to set up the 2015 Reports section.. in the past, I think we limited who could post, at least one time round.. I'd not want to do that but, before I dig in and create the section and rule set for it, do you think we should make one section that is JUST REPORTS from the field, and another section, or just use the general racing forum to actually discuss the reports?

Right now, we've got some ACE frickin' reporters out there who are seriously in the thick of it, rubbin our noses in BS or not, the teams are sharing information with you guys..

So before I wake myself up completely and can't sleep, QUICKLY.. up for discussion, I'd like to propose we AIM the 2015 section to "JUST THE FACTS MA'M", maybe limit posting in that section to "trusted" sources on the field?? Open to everyone with active moderation to weed out the rumor mill?

Realizing now that I should have set this up a month or so ago...

Good thing this isn't my day job!

FEEDBACK PLEASE!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: The 2015 Reports Section: Questions?

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    I think I'm going to pretty much have to take Monday off (cha, right) to catch up on the site... OK.. not really..

About to set up the 2015 Reports section.. in the past, I think we limited who could post, at least one time round.. I'd not want to do that but, before I dig in and create the section and rule set for it, do you think we should make one section that is JUST REPORTS from the field, and another section, or just use the general racing forum to actually discuss the reports?

Right now, we've got some ACE frickin' reporters out there who are seriously in the thick of it, rubbin our noses in BS or not, the teams are sharing information with you guys..

So before I wake myself up completely and can't sleep, QUICKLY.. up for discussion, I'd like to propose we AIM the 2015 section to "JUST THE FACTS MA'M", maybe limit posting in that section to "trusted" sources on the field?? Open to everyone with active moderation to weed out the rumor mill?

Realizing now that I should have set this up a month or so ago...

Good thing this isn't my day job!

FEEDBACK PLEASE!
    In my opinion the unmoderated sensibilities of this site is probably the reason why it stands as pretty much the only source of information year round. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Comment

I think that you've got a pretty good idea what needs to be done, Wayne. I like the idea of a "just the facts" area. If you already know who you want in there, do it.

Or don't. We'll support you either way.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I like the idea of "just the facts". Keeps the reports on point and have another area for discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
          In my opinion the unmoderated sensibilities of this site is probably the reason why it stands as pretty much the only source of information year round. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
          For sure I agree with this! And the moderation has been and always will be ONLY WHEN ABSOLUTELY need and err on the side of let it go.. unless obvious.

Which brings me to the most huge duty that mods do, keep the lid on it when it's most necessary.

Didn't mean to scare anyone with the term "moderator". All that means is a few people other than myself, will have the ability to "soft delete" messages and threads (deleted items can be undeleted with the click of the mouse) and there are, already moderators, some of them are not very active any more though...

Basically, the question addressed my limitations to personally keep the peace for this upcoming week, especially.

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X