Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the news those of you at Reno?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the news those of you at Reno?!?

Is everyone there already? Don't you have to be there Saturday evening to get the plane checked? I wanna see one moments paint job!!! Please send help to those of us not there yet!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Where's the news those of you at Reno?!?

Yep, I'm here.............now.......what's it worth for a report $$$$ LOL Just kidding
    Got here about 3. Rare Bear, Strega, and Vodoo are tucked in their tents on the ramp. I did a ruff count, and I think there's 16 warbirds/unlimited in the pitts.
    Several L-39's landed along with the British Viper Jet arrived.
    Thom Richards F-1 racer is in the pitts where Precious Metal would normally be parked. Talked to a couple of the crew, and they said they're getting a lot of support. There is some insurance on the plane, but $$$ are still needed. They don't know the extent of the damage, but making her fly again, is the goal.
    It's very smokey here. You can see the whole course, but the mountains on the north side of the course are almost obscured by smoke.
    It's very hot and muggy here.
    Didn't go into any of the race hangars, but did see Relentless in one. Looks like lots of airplanes in the hangars.
    Lot of T-6's on the ramp. Didn't here any rumors.....so at this point, things are looking good.

Brian

Comment

That's exactly what I wanted to hear thanks a lot!! Is the little yak there?! Lol hope to hear more tomorrow! That Vampire is a pretty sweet jet too
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Is La Patrona there?

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
          Is La Patrona there?
          Not here yet

Comment

Originally posted by Airrace7 View Post

Not here yet
            Bummer...........hope she shows.

Comment

Sorry I was out at the lake all day. Had to go burn some gas in the boat. Glass all day!

Yak...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Fence Sence; 09-12-2015, 09:23 PM.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                Sorry I as out at the lake all day. Had to go burn some gas in the boat. Glass all day!

Yak...
                Thank you Fence she's a beauty!!!
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by PowerByPackard View Post
                  Bummer...........hope she shows.
                  La patrona off the entry list, shoot
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Any F7's there this year? Should would miss that murderous sound.
                    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

What's the 'British Viper Jet'? Do you mean a Jet Provost? Or maybe a Vampire?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike51 View Post
                        What's the 'British Viper Jet'? Do you mean a Jet Provost? Or maybe a Vampire?
                        Think he meant Vampire, Pete Zaccagnino brought one to dominate the jet class
                        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Ya, I mean Vampire, sorry, memory is the 135th thing to go, I'm finding out
                          Brian

Comment

I hate Vampires. Not the blood sucking freaks, the jets. Few planes have ever scared me as a spectator. The Vampire is easily top of that list. If it were up to me, I wouldn't let it race. I don't think it has the control or stability to run around other jets in close quarters. It's slow and wayward. That is dangerous. If I never see one race again it'll be too soon.

Go ahead and flame. I don't care. I don't like that thing.
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                              I hate Vampires. Not the blood sucking freaks, the jets. Few planes have ever scared me as a spectator. The Vampire is easily top of that list. If it were up to me, I wouldn't let it race. I don't think it has the control or stability to run around other jets in close quarters. It's slow and wayward. That is dangerous. If I never see one race again it'll be too soon.

Go ahead and flame. I don't care. I don't like that thing.
                              I somewhat agree, just don't know if "slow" is the right way to describe it..? And if anyone is capable of handling it, Pete is definitely the right man for the job.
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                              X