Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC delayed coverage is now official

Re: NBC delayed coverage is now official

Something is certainly better than nothing.

Comment

Sounds like it could be really cool. Seems like the producer is super stoked on it! I hope he falls in love with loud, nasty, super modified unlimited air racers!
      "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Now they just need Howie Mandel's reaction to being taken around the sticks in Lady Jo..

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
          Something is certainly better than nothing.
          While the Live Airshow folks did a good job, I think this is probably far better for the races.

Jarrod

Comment

This is huge for the races. A major network covering the event. Its been a very long time since that has happened.

Will

Comment

NBC "coverage" is a bit of a misnomer-- it's gonna be a 1 hr 'documentary' --NOT daily coverage from 2015 race venue. Air-time to promo the races in a 'good light' is always good, but no streaming coverage is a let down. The Live Airshow TV guys did a fantastic job the last few years-- according to their website they are not going to cover this year due to a "difference of direction" with RARA.

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastFan View Post
                NBC "coverage" is a bit of a misnomer-- it's gonna be a 1 hr 'documentary' --NOT daily coverage from 2015 race venue. Air-time to promo the races in a 'good light' is always good, but no streaming coverage is a let down. The Live Airshow TV guys did a fantastic job the last few years-- according to their website they are not going to cover this year due to a "difference of direction" with RARA.
                Even without live stream, getting national ne worldwide exposure via internet from a major networks production and presentation is huge for the races and the area in general.
                Last edited by hm66sk; 09-12-2015, 10:08 PM.
                "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

I agree!! If the races are going to survive, it needs major network coverage! This is a step in the right direction!!

Race 29
                  Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                    I agree!! If the races are going to survive, it needs major network coverage! This is a step in the right direction!!

Race 29
                    As much as I enjoyed my role with Live Air Show TV and would have loved the chance to do more of that, I'm absolutely jazzed that we've finally managed to snare major network coverage for the Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show! Depending on how they spin it.... a one hour show, done well, could really generate a LOT of the right kind of interest. I was involved with Jeff Lee's one hour, for broadcast, pilot episode of World of Wings back in 2000 so I know how hard it is to put everything you're trying to say into the approx. 40 minutes of actual screen time you get with an hour commercial episode for broadcast TV...

BUT DON'T GET ME WRONG!!

THIS IS FRICKIN' HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me... N B C!! at RENO!!

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                    X