Reno Stead Report 9-9-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Stead Report 9-9-15

I was just out there a couple hours ago and what Airrace7 posted in the Rare Bear Update thread is dead on. The crew is in very good spirits today. Stu had just shown up. They were gonna get some lunch and then take her up. Should be in the air pretty soon.

Parker was up in Blue II while I was out there. Sounded great! John and the crew are in great spirits as well. Everything is looking great for them too.

T-6 Race 2, Bare Esentials is on the ramp and they are ready to rock.

Several jets are there as well but I didn't have time to wonder around them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Fence Sence; 09-09-2015, 01:38 PM.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Re: Reno Stead Report 9-9-15

Thanks for the update, love hearing the good news!!!!! But wait just one second, does Clas Thunder have a 3 blade on her?!?!? Pretty sweet
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Thanks for the update. I need to make it out there tomorrow.

Heard the Bear go up today after lunch. Really short flight, probably just to check out everything after the install.

Lets wish them the best.

Comment

Stopped back by The Cave this afternoon. Flight went good. Minor exhaust issue. Nothing major. The kicking around the idea of going back up today. They will probably wait until tomorrow morning. The crew looks relieved.

Comment

What a saddening blow for Thom, the crew and the unlimited field in general. Thank god it happened on the ground. He was able to get out and walk away undamaged. That's the important part. The plane is damaged yes, but a least it isn't shrapnel ala Super Corsair the likes of which we will never see again. Do you think there are any more "new build" Super Mustangs in the works let alone a re-engined one like Precious or even RB? Unless I'm missing something, I just don't see that happening. If anyone can take what's there and get her back in the air again, its Thom Richards & Crew. (a little fan help could surely speed up the process )
          Could it be time for the 4360 powered 'Stang???
          "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Somehow I posted the above reply in the wrong thread. Mr. Sagar could you help out and put this where it belonged? (Thoms ok) Thank you sir
            Last edited by hm66sk; 09-09-2015, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hm66sk View Post
              What a saddening blow for Thom, the crew and the unlimited field in general. Thank god it happened on the ground. He was able to get out and walk away undamaged. That's the important part. The plane is damaged yes, but a least it isn't shrapnel ala Super Corsair the likes of which we will never see again. Do you think there are any more "new build" Super Mustangs in the works let alone a re-engined one like Precious or even RB? Unless I'm missing something, I just don't see that happening. If anyone can take what's there and get her back in the air again, its Thom Richards & Crew. (a little fan help could surely speed up the process )
              Could it be time for the 4360 powered 'Stang???
              In my eyes all that's left is Risky Business with MB, and Dago.. Can't think of any other Super Stangs currently but who knows if the future of Reno becomes very positive, there's always chances of new things going on. I like to stay hopeful
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                In my eyes all that's left is Risky Business with MB, and Dago.. Can't think of any other Super Stangs currently but who knows if the future of Reno becomes very positive, there's always chances of new things going on. I like to stay hopeful
                Risky is not a Super Stang.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                  Risky is not a Super Stang.
                  I imagine MB wants to change that or she would've been at Reno this year
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Sorry fencesence

for the accidental HJ of your thread. I'm a tard. Internet can be so difficult sometimes on your phone.

Comment

Re: Sorry fencesence

Originally posted by hm66sk View Post
                      for the accidental HJ of your thread. I'm a tard. Internet can be so difficult sometimes on your phone.
                      Don't even sweat it. No big deal. I appreciate your participation either way. The air race community as a whole is family. We might not always agree with one another but at our core is common thread. It's a love of the craft and the appreciation of the nuts (two kinds) it takes to race one.

Comment

Working...
                      X