Rare Bear Up Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Bear Up Date

The crew was excited with the results gained from the new propeller, during some testing last week. Stu even made the comment: "She's hard to slow down" With no flaps he will have to work on getting the racer to slow down for the join up and starting formation. The new four bladed propeller from a Skyraider was shaved down especially for the plane. It's got some nice clean edges and seems to be a big larger in size than the other propeller used last year.

The Texas based crew spent all of the Labor Day holiday weekend removing the stock blower and replacing it with the race blower and checking all the other systems. She is ready to go up today for some more tests. The race blower should hopefully give them some more needed horse power.

Re: Rare Bear Up Date

Originally posted by Airrace7 View Post
    The crew was excited with the results gained from the new propeller, during some testing last week. Stu even made the comment: "She's hard to slow down" With no flaps he will have to work on getting the racer to slow down for the join up and starting formation. The new four bladed propeller from a Skyraider was shaved down especially for the plane. It's got some nice clean edges and seems to be a big larger in size than the other propeller used last year.

The Texas based crew spent all of the Labor Day holiday weekend removing the stock blower and replacing it with the race blower and checking all the other systems. She is ready to go up today for some more tests. The race blower should hopefully give them some more needed horse power.
    Thanks for the update, need some positive reports right now more than anything
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Sweet! That's exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
        Sweet! That's exciting!
        They're excited that they don't have to pull the motor! Good feelings down there today. Their main goal is putting a reliable bird in the air. That's my favorite kind of bird. I think RL has a great thing going with the Bear. They're working out the usual Bear kinks and putting her in the show. The boys from Texas with a September home in Reno. Cool program.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Any pics of the new prop?

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
            They're excited that they don't have to pull the motor! Good feelings down there today.
            ...and from an earlier Rare Bear thread..

Confirmed, Engine and airframe are separated, maybe counseling will make it temporary.
            So which is it?

GP

Comment

Originally posted by gp70442 View Post
              ...and from an earlier Rare Bear thread..

So which is it?

GP
              Both. Engine pulled last week... back on this week, and apparently all is good and they don't need to pull the engine *again*.

Comment

They're excited that they don't have to pull the motor! Good feelings down there today. Their main goal is putting a reliable bird in the air. That's my favorite kind of bird. I think RL has a great thing going with the Bear. They're working out the usual Bear kinks and putting her in the show. The boys from Texas with a September home in Reno. Cool program.
                Agreed!
                I think the thing I like most about hearing good things from the Bear team, is that it means hopefully Rod Lewis is pleased. -Keeping someone with that much interest (and $$) in the sport is a necessity for its survival.

Comment

They pulled it and already got it back on. As said in another thread it was all part of the plan to test some new toys.

Comment

Working...
                  X