Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Race week weather, for what it's worth !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race week weather, for what it's worth !!

Looks like temps in the 80's, Clear, and winds 10mph, hope they're right.
    Brian

Re: Race week weather, for what it's worth !!

I don't think that's going to be the case. It'll start in the 80s but then it's gonna drop. It might get over 70 on Wednesday or Thursday. I definitely don't see it getting out of the 80's for the rest of the week. Looks like some nice clouds are gonna roll in early in the week but by Wednesday they will get blown out and it will be clear and cooler. Temps climbing back into the 80s by Saturday maybe. Maybe not. ~15mph winds for all qualifying days, looks like they might fade away around Friday. Not too sure how that's gonna play out yet.

Not trying to burst your bubble. Just keeping it real. Reno weather ain't exactly Stead weather.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Right now it's low 50's-high 40's at night, high 80's to 90's daytime. Supposed to get hot into Saturday, close to 100 in town so a few degrees lower here. Then cooling next week into 80's, pretty much what Fence said above. There is also the possibility of T-storms later in the days next week.Unless the hot streak stays around.
      Kinda typical, what I call "Air Race weather". Ya need a coat in the mornings and evenings and air conditioning during the day...
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
        Kinda typical, what I call "Air Race weather". Ya need a coat in the mornings and evenings and air conditioning during the day...
        Yup. I think only a bit more so. That last cold front that came through felt...wintery. Cold, low, thick. There's a possibly of nor-easterlies come Thursday/Friday and wether or not that pressure system moves or stays is still a guessing game. From a week out, you can usually count on the forcast to push at least a day and nor-easters generally don't stick around all that long. There's a bunch of guys up at Tahoe who wait for these storms and then surf the west shore of Tahoe when they hit. It's one day only and then it's gone.

It'll probably just be really nice.

Comment

The temperature at Stead has been cold at night. It got down to the mid 40's on Saturday and Sunday night. During the day it's hovering in the low 80's. Tuesday night the low was 50 and high during the day was 84. We had a light wind in the afternoon for a few hours and then it remained calm for the rest of the day. Today's prediction is for more of the same with the low and high rising each day. The air is clean and we are not getting any smoke from the fires.

Comment

Wow! Forcast temps for next week all jumped +5*. 77 Tues-Fri. What's funny is the wind forcast for Wednesday rotates 360 for that 24hr. Winds are going to be coming from all over all week.
            Last edited by Fence Sence; 09-09-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X