• Show
Clear All

• Anyone fly MS FSX ?

I kinda enjoy it.

Who else ?
    Attached Files

Re: Anyone fly MS FSX ?

Of course;

But you've got to get more authentic birds!

Comment

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
      Of course;

But you've got to get more authentic birds!
      I see.

Comment

I enjoy it!

This is my favorite to race.

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
          I enjoy it!

This is my favorite to race.
          https://flyawaysimulation.com/media/...stang-fsx1.jpg
          Are they even near the real things to fly ?

Comment

I fly aces high and many combat missions are a race as I have to often chase down runstangs.

We also have a racing league and the arenas are full of very well modeled planes (flight and damage model).

Comment

Originally posted by IcePaq View Post
              I fly aces high and many combat missions are a race as I have to often chase down runstangs.

We also have a racing league and the arenas are full of very well modeled planes (flight and damage model).
              Friend of mine who flies real planes told me these have nothing to with real flying. One told that you only miss the real feeling of being there. Which is correct ?

Comment

Try it out......free 2 week trial and aces high 3 is in beta and probably free as well.

If your friend arrived in the late war main arena, upped a P51 thinking it would make him king of the skies and ran into a well flown LA7, then I understand the harsh review..........but the reality is that a LA7 at low altitude WILL absolutely crush a P51.

I've flown for 30 years though not any of the planes modeled and I feel the modeling there is best in the industry.

They chose gameplay over eye candy.

The biggest departure from reality is that they don't penalize you enough for being cross controlled and pulling heavy Gs.........and I feel the rudder authority is a bit more "hyped" than in real life.

What you will find is that the multiple variants of each plane fly very different from each other and that knowledge of your chosen ride's strengths and weaknesses will allow you to do well.

Remember.......don't up a P51 thinking you will dominate.

Choose a spit XVI, spit VIII, or a LA7 for your first few missions and remember that some guys there have been combat sim flying since the 80s constantly.

This means they have 10s of thousands of sorties more than thier real life counterparts did to hone thier skills
                Last edited by IcePaq; 09-09-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Try it out......free 2 week trial and aces high 3 is in beta and probably free as well.

If your friend arrived in the late war main arena, upped a P51 thinking it would make him king of the skies and ran into a well flown LA7, then I understand the harsh review..........but the reality is that a LA7 at low altitude WILL absolutely crush a P51.

I've flown for 30 years though not any of the planes modeled and I feel the modeling there is best in the industry.

They chose gameplay over eye candy.

The biggest departure from reality is that they don't penalize you enough for being cross controlled and pulling heavy Gs.........and I feel the rudder authority is a bit more "hyped" than in real life.

What you will find is that the multiple variants of each plane fly very different from each other and that knowledge of your chosen ride's strengths and weaknesses will allow you to do well.

Remember.......don't up a P51 thinking you will dominate.

Choose a spit XVI, spit VIII, or a LA7 for your first few missions and remember that some guys there have been combat sim flying since the 80s constantly.

This means they have 10s of thousands of sorties more than thier real life counterparts did to hone thier skills
                  Sounds interesting...does it have a Tempest ?

Comment

I fly FSX, and tried to start a racing league. I only got one person to say they'd join. If your going to host online racing, count me in!!

Race 29
                    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                      I fly FSX, and tried to start a racing league. I only got one person to say they'd join. If your going to host online racing, count me in!!

Race 29

I have to check out the online option.

Comment

Yes, it has a tempest and typhoon.

Tempest will get you out of trouble with it's level speed.

Comment

How low are the planes allowed to fly ?

This is obviously too low now.
                          Attached Files

Comment

A consistent connection speed (ping) is more important than a faster connection that is not consistent.

Back in the day, we spent hours configuring modem strings and optimizing connection for the best ping and it still holds true today as I use a cell phone for my connection on 4g with LTE disabled which seems to have a very consistent ping time meaning the game has a very good smoothing code that works best with consistent connection speeds.

The guys you see warping around may have blazing fast cable connections but often cable is "blazing speed.......wait.....blazing speed.....wait.....etc".

Remember that some of these guys have 20,000 missions and have been sim flying since the late 80s without a break and that many will decrease graphics "eye candy" to up the frame rate.

Getting your flight stick set up to your liking is one of the most important things.

Last edited by IcePaq; 09-17-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

A consistent connection speed (ping) is more important than a faster connection that is not consistent.

Back in the day, we spent hours configuring modem strings and optimizing connection for the best ping and it still holds true today as I use a cell phone for my connection on 4g with LTE disabled which seems to have a very consistent ping time meaning the game has a very good smoothing code that works best with consistent connection speeds.

The guys you see warping around may have blazing fast cable connections but often cable is "blazing speed.......wait.....blazing speed.....wait.....etc".

Remember that some of these guys have 20,000 missions and have been sim flying since the late 80s without a break and that many will decrease graphics "eye candy" to up the frame rate.

Getting your flight stick set up to your liking is one of the most important things.

I agree, but that is a bit too dangerous looking action to my liking. By the definion the name "extreme air racing" is well deserved.

Just flying a Boeing 221 Monomail for 20 minutes will inspire me enough. It has hair rising moments too if you want to in MS FSX.

Comment

Working...
                              X