• Show
Clear All

• Great Air Racing Commercial By Team STIHL

Re: Great Air Racing Commercial By Team STIHL

Awesome commercial!
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Another awesome commercial thanks for sharing. Andy is an awesome guy and even gave me some free One Moment crew shirts last year!!! Their plane looks wicked this year and they are surely a force to be reckoned with. Congratulations with the success One Moment Team, good luck this year
      Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
        Another awesome commercial thanks for sharing. Andy is an awesome guy and even gave me some free One Moment crew shirts last year!!! Their plane looks wicked this year and they are surely a force to be reckoned with. Congratulations with the success One Moment Team, good luck this year

I'll second all of that! -Awesome video, and Andy is a really awesome guy!
        Plus the new prop and vinyl look really, really good!

I'm really excited to see what happens in the Sport class; Race 30 is of course my favorite, but it looks like the Aerochia Lancairs may be back on top, and I also saw that Relentless has a monster engine!

Is it race week yet???

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
          Absolutely awesome. Period!! Now the question. Why can't RARA do spots like this? Promote Sport's so pylon air racing can survive and hopefully prosper.

Warbird Willie

Comment

I first saw the plane during PRS sporting the Stihl sponsorship.

Love the graphics, I happen to like orange

Matter of fact I needed a new chainsaw and bought myself a Stihl 20" Ranch Boss. My first Stihl product, I'd like to say my decision was partly because of this plane sponsorship that drew my attention to their product , and because I like their Made in USA strategy.

I also need a new gas hedger, and while I was at RC Engines (local Stihl dealer) buying the chainsaw, I found a Stihl Pro series 24" gas hedge trimmer. Will get that before fall clean-up.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-07-2015, 04:24 PM. Reason: Auto spell correct sucks.

Comment

I agree, it is awesome to see some big non-aviation names in air racing.

For those that don't know, One Moment is just about done with some huge improvements after the recent engine failure. One of the upgrades is a new 'paint job' from Aircraft Wraps in Florida. (Who is also a racer, Scott Farnsworth) They haven't had the 'Big Reveal' yet but there have been a few teaser photos. Needless to say, it is pretty freaking awesome.

Yes, it has a chainsaw for wings! Also sporting the new McCauley blackworks prop. I'll share this thread with Andy and see if he'll post in here.

~Tom
              Attached Files
              Unleashed Air Racing

Comment

I've been following the "teaser pics" for the past week and it is a GORGEOUS plane!!! That second pic is just incredible, look at the lower cowling!!! Can't wait for the big reveal
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Warbird5 View Post
                  Absolutely awesome. Period!! Now the question. Why can't RARA do spots like this? Promote Sport's so pylon air racing can survive and hopefully prosper.

Warbird Willie
                  The other clip that was linked in another thread really was more on mark if you are aiming at a younger, extremely short attention span group of folks. Ever notice how many things are so darn jerky, out of frame, endless rapid cuts to other camera angles that most "young" video productions are today?

Jeezus guys, we're under a week away from some of us getting down there, let's just bring the judgmental stuff down some.

Crap, someone FINALLY made a frickin feature length movie about racing a few years ago and, instead of supporting it just because of who the players were (I'm not talking about the actors, although, I've seen worse than them) Odegaard, Leeward, Gerry Beck, Will Whiteside, Lyle let the Bear play... Damn, that movie was some cool chit when you think of how hard, ****, IMPOSSIBLE it was to pull it off...

What did our hard core followers do? ABSOLUTELY tore it up! IF there had been anyone looking at that movie that had a lot of dollars to put it into theaters... (something I learned when I worked with the movie guys, cost LOTS to distribute movies... least it did then, prior to digital theater projectors)

Anyway what I'm trying to say is, some of us seem to have the need to micromanage what we perceive that RARA is either doing, or not doing.

Given their limited budget, looks to me like they have found their target and are being as proactive as they can given limited resources.

Never know who visits these threads! I get to see the domains that folks come from when I take the time to look into the logs, we could wind up scaring off potential supporters with this rhetoric! Oh geez, let's find something with more loyal fans to pour our millions of ad dollars into..

So... can we agree for the next two weeks, at least, to look at the glass as being partially full??

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                    Matter of fact I needed a new chainsaw and bought myself a Stihl 20" Ranch Boss. My first Stihl product, I'd like to say my decision was partly because of this plane sponsorship that drew my attention to their product , and because I like their Made in USA strategy.

I also need a new gas hedger, and while I was at RC Engines (local Stihl dealer) buying the chainsaw, I found a Stihl Pro series 24" gas hedge trimmer. Will get that before fall clean-up.
                    THIS is the kind of post we need to be pushing!

RACE ON SUNDAY, BUY ON MONDAY!

NASCAR fans truly are a loyal bunch and a boat load of them are brand loyal beyond belief! Sponsors know this because they research this stuff endlessly, they don't just throw money at teams, they "invest" as partners with teams who put the right image out there with their product...

As far as marketing a motorsport, one need look no further than NASCAR for the model that makes money and perpetuates the sport.

They had their cheezy movie, lots of folks who follow the sport groaned deeply. Since they had name brand actors, the movie wound up being a hit and launched that sport into where it is today.

At many points over my 20 years actively trying to help grow this sport, I've felt that we were close to making it a "National Pastime". when "we" made that movie, I never felt closer to the brass ring.. The visual beauty of the thing was worthy of support... I even heard that there was some thought being invested in reshooting it with different actors using the massive quantity of amazing aerial cinematography that was produced.

I hate it when I get to the "sleepless" state a few days before RENO!

I should have never learned to touch type... I can be a motor... finger???
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                    X