Ridge Runner 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridge Runner 2009

I know it's been discussed plenty of times on here but I've never heard the full story, just bits and pieces I've put together. Where did Dan get the idea to run with the big dogs with a relatively stock looking Mustang in 2009, and succeed in doing so? Who built the engine, what was special about it that made it able to keep up in the gold, etc.. Some of you guys are very good with the back story details so I'm looking to you for the answers!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Ridge Runner 2009

Sparrow (Mike Barrow) was the engine builder. He's on here from time to time and I think he's made a few comments about what they ran, but I'll leave that to him if he wants to comment. Still one of the most amazing runs I can remember. Made a lot of people sit up and notice, and made a convincing argument that Dan Martin and his group could have gotten more championships out of Dago Red had they had more time to continue refining their approach.

Comment

I remember that race, Think it was beyond stand up and take notice!! More like "Wow that's what Nitromethane and Nitrous can do!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
        Sparrow (Mike Barrow) was the engine builder. He's on here from time to time and I think he's made a few comments about what they ran, but I'll leave that to him if he wants to comment. Still one of the most amazing runs I can remember. Made a lot of people sit up and notice, and made a convincing argument that Dan Martin and his group could have gotten more championships out of Dago Red had they had more time to continue refining their approach.
        Thanks for the info!
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

RR has always been fast! 2009 was amazing, but they have always been at the top of the pack.

Comment

There is a thread on here about the 2009 run with a list of the things they did. Search for it.

Will

Comment

They took the engine and go-fast parts from Dago Red.
              They ran for the Gold win in a super-stocker.
              They went home and put Ridge Runner back to a stock warbird.
              remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Here is a pretty epic thread that I was talking about. http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showt...ge+runner+2009

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
                  They took the engine and go-fast parts from Dago Red.
                  They ran for the Gold win in a super-stocker.
                  Then they went home and put Ridge Runner back to a stock warbird.
                  I'm bumping this thread because I just found this picture on the interwebs and I really wanted to post it (and you can barely see RR)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VNgVmL1JCk...0/image006.jpg

post edit by Admin: We can not display photos from other websites without proper credit and permission. Linking to an image, or, better, the page the image is hosted on is the fair way to do this (proper credit to the creator of content is given in this way)
                  Last edited by AAFO_WSagar; 02-04-2016, 04:21 PM. Reason: We can not display photos from other websites without proper credit and permission. Linking to an image, better, the page the
                  remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Working...
                  X