X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Promo Video For Races

Re: New Promo Video For Races

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
    Sweeeeeettttt! If only I could see this on ESPN and other high traffic channels!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I don't like it.

1.With all the quality video and photos available, why use animation? Why not use real video and photos?

2.Why is the image showing the plane with right wing down in a right turn. The planes turn LEFT.

Comment

I have to admit it bugs the **** out of me that in the little racing scenes of the not actual race planes are going the wrong direction. That fact alone makes it look like it was done by someone that has no actual interest in the races besides a paycheck. I know it's an awefuly negative attitude towards something actually positively promoting the event but, there are so many cool shots and clips and sounds from that event and none of them are taken advantage of. That initself is a crime. How weak are the sounds in that commercial? Perhaps that's the best they could do with the budget or something but for an event with so much heritage and passion, it's cold, flat and limp.

Just watched it twice more in an effort to find something good about it. Section 3 guy is the only positive. Other than that, no sir, I don't like it.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
          I have to admit it bugs the **** out of me that in the little racing scenes of the not actual race planes are going the wrong direction. That fact alone makes it look like it was done by someone that has no actual interest in the races besides a paycheck. I know it's an awefuly negative attitude towards something actually positively promoting the event but, there are so many cool shots and clips and sounds from that event and none of them are taken advantage of. That initself is a crime. How weak are the sounds in that commercial? Perhaps that's the best they could do with the budget or something but for an event with so much heritage and passion, it's cold, flat and limp.

Just watched it twice more in an effort to find something good about it. Section 3 guy is the only positive. Other than that, no sir, I don't like it.
          I agree with much that you say. However, they are trying to attract a portion of the public that has no idea what the event is about, those folks wouldn't be able to differentiate Strega ripping around a pylon from a T-6, all they would be able to ascertain is that it's loud. They shouldn't make commercials for established fans, something is better than nothing depending on who you're giving it to. Do you like Kimchi?

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
            Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Originally posted by knot4u View Post
              Do you like Kimchi?
              Korean pickled vegetables? No, I HATE Kimchi.

I knew I would get flamed for not liking the commercial but, I just don't think its good at all. I understand who it's geared toward I don't feel it's very effective. If I had never seen or heard about the races, that commercial would not get me excited. It reminds me of a simple 2 dimentional collage I did for an art class in high school. I thought it it was the dumbest looking thing I had ever created yet the powers that be slapped a 1st place on it and it ended up hanging in city hall.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

It's not the only closed course air race in the world.......lately.

Kevin

Comment

I have no problems with it and I think it does a good job. It grabs your attention and it looks exciting.

Jarrod

Comment

I like it because it does reach for an audience outside of the hard core existing fans. It's the kind of spot that gets noticed by younger folks today. Plus, the photo of Team PM at 15 seconds is one of mine.....so this was a morning surprise to me when I saw it.

Comment

I like it too! For the same reasons LOP said. If I saw this on ESPN, FoxSports1, or any other sports channel, I'd be excited! "Hell yeah! That's the event I've been going to for 37 years now!! That's RAD!!" RARA needs to start running ads like this in July nation wide to attract more people to the event! Go RARA!!

Race 29
                      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Look at the cover shot for this video. Seeing a group of lined up high strung racers like this looks a lot better than an animation.

Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-06-2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X