• Show
Clear All

• Precious Metal Morning Photo Shoot

Click image for larger version

Name:	PM Mike Killian 2015.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	241991

Precious Metal had a morning flight that included air to air photos this morning......

Re: Precious Metal Morning Photo Shoot

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21646[/ATTACH]

Precious Metal had a morning flight that included air to air photos this morning......

Looks like they photo shopped the scoop back on...

Comment

I don't know what it is, but that plane is so sexy!!!

I love the team's willingness to share information with us and over the past few years, have became my new favorite!

I hope you guys have a great race week and that all of your hard work and dedication pay off!
      "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
        Looks like they photo shopped the scoop back on...
        Nope, just riveted it back in place. Did some maintenance on it and the area usually hidden by it and stuck it back in place.

Comment

Such a beautiful plane!!! I saw some Facebook discussion about the wing tips. Interesting approach and I love it! Looks like they just chopped the wing off. Wondering what the reason for removing those engineering marvel of wing tips they had on the past 2 years. I Don't think this approach didn't come without some validation that it's a better idea though. Go PM!!!
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by LoveOldPlanes View Post
            Nope, just riveted it back in place. Did some maintenance on it and the area usually hidden by it and stuck it back in place.
            I usually found a bunch of cracks in the stringers and formers on the inside of these ducts behind the radiator on P-51's. There must be a lot of turbulence in there, along with the heat!

Wish this team the best. They are steadily building this into one of the best teams, maybe this will be the year you guys get some reward for all the hard work.

Comment

From what I have heard good wingtips a rarer than hens teeth, So much going on out there aerodynamically that it is almost impossible to figure out.

Comment

I don't think you have seen the last of the scimitar wingtips. It would have been nice to try them around the sticks against the others this year but while they were off they need some refining so they won't make the trip.

Comment

From another pic, it looks like PM might have a new scoop as well.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                    From another pic, it looks like PM might have a new scoop as well.

Will
                    It looks like they filled up the gap between the scoop and the fuselage, looks purdy
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

What's old is new again.

Those squared off wing tips remind me of John Sandberg's old P-63 "Tipsy Miss".
                      remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                        It looks like they filled up the gap between the scoop and the fuselage, looks purdy
                        Same scoop that has been run since 2013.

Comment

It's the same scoop but since the radiator mod last year allow us to fly with the race extension we got to put a more permanent seal job on it when we reinstalled it. Before it had to come off and on to cross country. Thanks for noticing.

Comment

Working...
                          X