Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno Stead Report 9/2

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
    Let's envision a 2015 version of 2003's record setting race...

Wouldn't it need to be running for that?

Comment

I thought the sniping had finished!!!! Don't think Nelson would have Jeff Abbot doing the engine if he didn't have confidence, having said that sometimes it just takes a little time especially if you are not working on it all year round

Comment

Originally posted by ozfuryfan View Post
        I thought the sniping had finished!!!! Don't think Nelson would have Jeff Abbot doing the engine if he didn't have confidence, having said that sometimes it just takes a little time especially if you are not working on it all year round
        Nope.
        I have nothing against the Ezell's or Abbot.

It's deeper than that which amuses me.

Comment

That airplane has a very long history of turning over crews, engines, marriages, bank accounts, and egos all the way back to the day Lyle pulled her out of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
            That airplane has a very long history of turning over crews, engines, marriages, bank accounts, and egos all the way back to the day Lyle pulled her out of the field.
            I would also guess a lot of hurt feelings.

Comment

I for one, would like to hear more about Carl Friend's contribution to the the Bear. Seems like they found a lot of speed back in the late 80's. Maybe John Slack could chime in.
              Last edited by boomtown; 09-04-2015, 08:02 PM. Reason: poor grammer :)
              "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Originally posted by boomtown View Post
                I for one, would like to hear more about Carl Friend's contribution to the the Bear. Seems like like they found a lot of speed back in the late 80's. Maybe John Slack could chime in.
                The 3-blade was certainly part of Carls plans for the bearcat, from what I heard at the time (I joined the team in 1993, after he had passed) his next big idea was a v-tail, true or not I don't know but that's what I was told.
                Last edited by knot4u; 09-04-2015, 08:01 PM.

Comment

As far back as I can remember, the Bear has alway been just that, a bear. Regardless of who has crewed for her. I'm quite sure RL wants to win. It's certainly his hottest ticket. They are trying new things and trying to go faster. It's not like they're sitting around polishing a show pony. Everyone in that hanger dead serious and they want to win. That plane could be sitting in some hanger somewhere and left for scrap at this point of its life. Instead it's a F'n racing legend and still racing. I applaud RL for prepping it at all. It's a privilege to see any racer on any day but to see them, especially the hot ones, actually race, well I consider myself incredibly fortunate.

And then the pilot comes over and talks to you about it. How awesome is that?
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

That airplane is an asshole, everyone that has spent any time around it should be able to confirm that fact. Every once in a while a group of people willing to take a beating and continue fighting YEAR ROUND find themselves with a well prepared race plane. I'm not a spiritual person but I think the airplane knows if someone is getting paid. I still miss the plane, but I miss the people more, sadly, many have passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
                      I would also guess a lot of hurt feelings.
                      Sure! And I'm one of them. Would it stop me from marching over and lending a hand to get them in the race... No! Others will take their hurt feelings, talk trash, point and laugh. With 15 airplanes left in the show that doesn't do dinky doo for keeping the show going.

Comment

Oh and BTW this engine swap was planned. That is first hand knowledge.

Comment

Interesting...
                          "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Engine "swap"?
                            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                              Engine "swap"?
                              I can't go into details but to try out a few new custom parts the engine has to come off to change out some new gizmos with other new gizmos.

Comment

Eight more days till qualifying starts.
                                No need to rush things, plenty time left.
                                Go Bear!!

Comment

Working...
                                X