Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno Stead Report 9/2

Crabby yet Seductive..............

As one of my crew-mates stated after we left the program "well that freed up a lot of time"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
      Or maybe Rod has some serious personal things going on that are not allowing him to focus on air racing right now. Give him and the guys working on the plane a bit of slack already.

All these little quips and trash talking I have one question for all of you. Where is your racer? I've seen three good crews work on that pain in the ass Bearcat since I left the team in 2005. Have any of the three had perfect years where everything went right? Not that I can recall. She's always been a crabby bitch and she will continue to be a crabby bitch.

Last year after our DQ my father sat me and a bunch of the PM crew down for a little chat. He talked about the 19 national championships he won as a crew chief racing motorcycles. The ups and downs of 25 years of racing, the good friends he lost, and what it takes to win. The best quote of the night came at the end.

"Boys I know you're bummed about this DQ; these things happen in racing. If you can't accept that; you shouldn't be racing"
      Your dad is a VERY wise man.

Comment

Confirmed,
        Engine and airframe are separated, maybe counseling will make it temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
          Confirmed,
          Is it sleeping with the Sea Fury on the rebound?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post
            Confirmed,
            Hope so. Running out of halves to give up....

Comment

These guys are famous for sandbagging.

Probably just painting and polishing it up some more in the back room!

Comment

Sorry gang, but I need to vent and I hope no one takes this as a personal attack. First off, let it be known that I value all opinions shared on this board; they create interesting discussions and inform the less informed.

With that being said, quite frankly, I am sick and tired of people bashing the Bear and their team. I know there are some ex-team members on this board and they have been quite vocal with their opinions and I can understand their frustration. I could only imagine what it feels like to be in their position looking at the program as it sits now.

But, I think we need to be thankful for every plane that comes to Reno and races. We all know it's a lose-lose situation for the owners and pilots as the payout is not enough to pay for fuel for the week. We all know the races are in a transition period and the new guy at the helm has some big decisions to make regarding the future of the races.

Rare Bear is a unique aircraft and with that comes a unique set of circumstances. The current team may not be under the same directions of team's past, and to me, that's ok. The fact that their are dedicated people trying to get this bird in the air and be competitive is just fine by me. It may not be the ideal situation but who cares??? You guys who worked on her and shed blood, sweat, and tears have a lot invested in her, and I applaud your service. You guys are the ones who made Rare Bear the "people's" plane and a crowd favorite.

Just like everything else in life, things change. We can adapt to those changes or sit on the sidelines and bitch about everything regarding those changes. For those of you out there who poured their life into the plane, I understand your frustration as the new owner/team struggle to find out how the Bear works best. I get it.

But coming onto this forum and bitching, complaining, and calling-out the new team is unacceptable in my book. Does it suck? Hell yes it does. Do I wish they had better direction and goals? Yes! But at the end of the day, it's not my plane or my money that's being blown. I want the Bear to be competitive and win, but since I have ZERO stake in this game, all I have is my opinion about what's happening with this race team.

I have never met any of you and I hope I can. I respect everyone's opinion and I hope you can respect mine.

Bottom line is, there is a guy who owns a plane and he's trying to race his plane in a race that has a negative return. He's doin this for the pure enjoyment of his fans. In my book, as one of those fans, that's a HUGE win.

Flame away; I can take it!
                "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

Well said, I agree with it all. Thank you
                  Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                    I appreciate the feedback. I've been standing by, reading all the posts and it got to the point where I felt like I needed to comment as some of the posts struck a chord with me.

That's why I love this country! We are all free to voice our opinions!
                    "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

I'll plead guilty myself for taking a snipe or two at "the new guys" over the years.. However, I do agree that this goes a bit far sometimes.

Sometimes we have owners who have such an influence on the sport, we should actually thank our lucky stars that they want to spend the cubic dollars which provide the airplane/s that make the event happen.

Let's take this to a "kinder gentler" place...
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                        Agree 100%.

There is a point where you just have to move on.

The last couple years going by the cave everyone has been great. To have Stu come over and talk with an average person and engage in conversation is special.

It will all work out in the end, regardless on the outcome, the Bear and company have made us all fans.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-04-2015, 04:22 PM.

Comment

GO RARE BEAR.............................and all the other racers.................in all the other classes. Love the Air Races.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                            I'll plead guilty myself for taking a snipe or two at "the new guys" over the years.. However, I do agree that this goes a bit far sometimes.

Sometimes we have owners who have such an influence on the sport, we should actually thank our lucky stars that they want to spend the cubic dollars which provide the airplane/s that make the event happen.

Waddya mean? I thought we were all laughing. It doesn't get any more happy than that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                              Waddya mean? I thought we were all laughing. It doesn't get any more happy than that!!!!
                              Oh I totally get that! Not sure everyone else does, including the guys currently involved.. It's gotta be tough on the shop and crew guys! It's actually kind of a kick in that the "OLD" crew and I mean pre RL involvement, actually previous to the Bear being housed at Stead crew... There were many snipes at you's guys from thos' guys back in the day and you went on to WIN more than once!

It's all good in the neighborhood!
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post

Let's envision a 2015 version of 2003's record setting race...

Comment

Working...
                                X