X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno Stead Report 9/2

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
    To put on 232
    I may be mistaken but don't believe it would fit due to different superchargers

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisMX105 View Post

My guess is something in the supercharger needs work.

But WhadoIknow...............
      More than the average...Bear!
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
        More than the average...Bear!
        Iknownuthin

Just ask the current crew(=

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
          You must have showed up after me, Dawg. I was there while they were doing today's run up. The guys are looking a little frustrated. They are not getting the power they are looking for.
          Have we heard this before?

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER View Post
            Have we heard this before?
            Reno version of Groundhog Day.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Adkins View Post
              Reno version of Groundhog Day.....
              At least in Groundhog Day things kept improving.

Comment

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Well Played.

Comment

I agree! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I love the Bear as much as the next race fan, but it seems like the same broken record. (Percievingly, start working on the Bear just a few weeks before the event, find out she's low on horsepower, scramble until the Unlimited Gold on Sunday, expect to win, but only place if she finishes the race at all, let her sit idol in a hanger for 50 weeks, repeat process, expect better results.) I don't own the Bear, and I can't expect Rod Lewis to follow my game plan. (Rod Lewis is one of my personal heros, seriously! Search Google! What an amaizing guy!) I do however GREATLY appreciate him bringing his airplanes to Reno every year, so please don't get me wrong. It just seems like maybe he's cool with just turning pylons with his planes rather than winning the Gold. That is seriously fine with me! I just don't expect the Bear to win against racers like Voodoo that prepare almost all year long. I love seeing her turn pylons though!!

Race 29
                  Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                    I agree! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I love the Bear as much as the next race fan, but it seems like the same broken record. (Percievingly, start working on the Bear just a few weeks before the event, find out she's low on horsepower, scramble until the Unlimited Gold on Sunday, expect to win, but only place if she finishes the race at all, let her sit idol in a hanger for 50 weeks, repeat process, expect better results.) I don't own the Bear, and I can't expect Rod Lewis to follow my game plan. (Rod Lewis is one of my personal heros, seriously! Search Google! What an amaizing guy!) I do however GREATLY appreciate him bringing his airplanes to Reno every year, so please don't get me wrong. It just seems like maybe he's cool with just turning pylons with his planes rather than winning the Gold. That is seriously fine with me! I just don't expect the Bear to win against racers like Voodoo that prepare almost all year long. I love seeing her turn pylons though!!

Race 29
                    I almost feel the same way about Lewis not being competitive enough to win like the Bear used to do, but I feel like dropping 232 from his race stable gave him more time to focus on Bear which he clearly didn't do. Of course the goal of any of these full race guys is to win and I think that's Rod's intention too, but he just isn't showing that dedication and commitment to be able to get it done. I still appreciate seeing the Bear every year and want to see if Rod changes his game plan if things don't go right this year. Maybe sit the Bear out and give 232 a run at the gold again? Who knows, I don't think Rod will let us fans down
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Or maybe 1 sunday finish and 4 engines destroyed...................in 5 years
                      232 was an entirely separate program.

Comment

I don't agree about the last two week scenario. Two years ago, the bear went to Texas and spent months there being modified and race prepared. This year the engine was sent to Texas for race prep. Just because the airframe sat in the hangar, doesn't mean components weren't being worked on. I don't know, but is this Not making power a rumor at this point or is it fact. They ran it on a test stand in Texas. I was at the Bear Cave a couple of weeks ago, when they were installing the engine and doing some other work on her. I was told that they were trying some "new things" this year. This airplane went 528 mph several years ago, so there's no reason she couldn't beat the top mustangs at Reno again.
                        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                          I don't agree about the last two week scenario. Two years ago, the bear went to Texas and spent months there being modified and race prepared. This year the engine was sent to Texas for race prep. Just because the airframe sat in the hangar, doesn't mean components weren't being worked on. I don't know, but is this Not making power a rumor at this point or is it fact. They ran it on a test stand in Texas. I was at the Bear Cave a couple of weeks ago, when they were installing the engine and doing some other work on her. I was told that they were trying some "new things" this year. This airplane went 528 mph several years ago, so there's no reason she couldn't beat the top mustangs at Reno again.
                          Brian
                          Word has it the engine is coming off, Doubt it's to feed the rumor mill. I will confirm tomorrow.
                          Lots more going on behind the scenes than we are privy to.

Went 566 in May 2012. Lot has been changed since then.

If you look at Voodoo and their successes it can be attributed to them doing heavy duty race prep for next year by the end of September.

Comment

Or maybe Rod has some serious personal things going on that are not allowing him to focus on air racing right now. Give him and the guys working on the plane a bit of slack already.

All these little quips and trash talking I have one question for all of you. Where is your racer? I've seen three good crews work on that pain in the ass Bearcat since I left the team in 2005. Have any of the three had perfect years where everything went right? Not that I can recall. She's always been a crabby bitch and she will continue to be a crabby bitch.

Last year after our DQ my father sat me and a bunch of the PM crew down for a little chat. He talked about the 19 national championships he won as a crew chief racing motorcycles. The ups and downs of 25 years of racing, the good friends he lost, and what it takes to win. The best quote of the night came at the end.

"Boys I know you're bummed about this DQ; these things happen in racing. If you can't accept that; you shouldn't be racing"

Comment

Right on Wild Bill
                              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                                She's always been a crabby bitch and she will continue to be a crabby bitch
                                Classic young man. You come up with some great lines.

I'm still laughing at the peanut butter remark LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X