AAFO 2015 Server Fund Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AAFO 2015 Server Fund Drive

I'm in. THANKS WAYNE for all you do to keep us informed.

See you all on the ramp.

Comment

As I´m checking this forum more or less daily I´m more than happy to be able to support. For me this forum is one of the best ways to get first hand information about airracing.
      I remember the first article I read about Reno Airracing in a German Magazine (I think I still have it) which was about 25 years ago. In those days it was very difficult here in Germany to get any information about our sport. You were more than lucky if there was an article once a year. So this forum is a great place!

What I want to say, THANKS WAYNE FOR DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB

Comment

donated. small price to pay for what we get. Thanks Wayne! new girlfriend keeps asking me why i'm so antsy, I tell her it's Reno , she wouldn't understand.
        The Low Pass Kid

Comment

Wayne, thanks for keeping the site up and running... And thanks to all that try to keep us informed of whats happening ... Donation sent...

Comment

Thanks everyone, we're at $885.88 as of just now, that pays for 4 months of the server lease! Since ad revenue is WAAAAAY down this year, this will help a lot!

We sure do have a loyal tight knit support group here don't we!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Aces View Post
              Wayne, thanks for keeping the site up and running... And thanks to all that try to keep us informed of whats happening ... Donation sent...
              What has wound up happening with this site, and smart phones, YOU GUYS are now the reporters who file the stories of what's going on out there!

Prior to easy access for everyone to get their "stuff" on the net, you simply had to have guys like Mark Kallio, myself and others who plugged the news gap as best we could with what we had at the time!

I will never forget sitting in the old press shack (just inside pit gate on left where one of the race classes meet now) at 3:00 AM after getting photos run into town and back out so we could scan/digitize images and get some news about the prior day... Iranian security guy would loan me his car so I could go get coffee for us! (he and I... nobody else was crazy enough to be up!) OH Yea... I forgot to mention, this was via crappy phone connection and 14.4 modem! Upload one image.... maybe MAYBE five minutes... unless you lost connection, then you started over...

So, truly, the news side of this now, mostly, comes from younger more energetic folks who have access VIA this site and oh crap... my most hated nemesis... FB!!!!!!!! and other outlets who bring the news to the "masses"...

Different world ! But we are so much more connected now than ever before! Even without live streaming coverage, you can bet that there will be some pretty good thumb typers sitting somewhere who will do a responsible job of getting the info on the site..

BIG
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hey Wayner, I wasn't logged in before I donated but you have mo money mo money!!!! you are the best.... Thanks for everything you do..
                Bear..... and now Ghost Fever Forever...... John

Comment

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
                  Checks in the mail, Wayne...(actually Paypal but hey, that just doesn't have the same ring to it).

Thanks again for keeping this little sandbox up and running!
                  What he said. Thank you for keeping this forum going.

Comment

Hi, Wayne!

It's been a few years. I dropped in to check out the chatter ahead of this year's racing, and came across this thread. PayPal headed your way! Thanks for keeping this site going for so long, and hopefully with the continued help of your loyal followers it will be around for a long time to come. Enjoy the races - I'm envious that I can't get away from work and join you all in Reno!

Eric J.

Comment

Working...
                    X