Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Race 57 Corsair ??

Originally posted by Warbirds45 View Post
    Race 57 was flown on 8/27/2015 for the first time in over 2 years. She looks beautiful! Dennis Sanders asked the owner if they could take her to Reno.
    The sanders are doing an awesome job keeping the sport alive. I too would love to see it there sitting on the ground or racing.

On a side note I was thinking about 232 and who could race it and I never thought about the Sanders Stable of pilots. If it ever gets bought and the owner isn't a full race Sea Fury pilot, maybe he could give the hot seat to Mark Watt or Korey Wells amazing pilots that deserve a shot at gold just like anyone at Reno does.
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Korey was gracious enough to give my son and I a tour of the Sanders facility last October

He's grown up watching TOR, so it was great for him to see 57 in person

Comment

It would be very cool to see race 57 at Reno, even if it isn't racing. Its great to hear that its flown again. It would be epic to see it race. I'm not going to hold my breath however.

Willl

Comment

I wonder if Ron Pratt still owns it, or if it's bee sold, if so, wonder who the new owner is?
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
            I wonder if Ron Pratt still owns it, or if it's bee sold, if so, wonder who the new owner is?
            Brian
            FAA database still shows Pratt as the owner.

Comment

Hearing it has flown recently, just made my day!

Comment

I've a BW photo of it I took as a kid at the Cleveland Air Races. 1949 I think.
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

I saw 57 flying right over me near Eagles Nest yesterday and again today! She looked and sounded good! It looks like they're flying test hops with her. I wasn't able to get any cell phone pictures either day (since that's all I have with me) but I can tell you for sure that she IS flying! I don't know if she'll be at Reno, but I'd say with the amount of flying they're doing, there's a pretty good chance!

Race 29
                  Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                    I saw 57 flying right over me near Eagles Nest yesterday and again today! She looked and sounded good! It looks like they're flying test hops with her. I wasn't able to get any cell phone pictures either day (since that's all I have with me) but I can tell you for sure that she IS flying! I don't know if she'll be at Reno, but I'd say with the amount of flying they're doing, there's a pretty good chance!

Race 29

Oh that would be great.

Comment

I'm out in Ione right now. The 57 Super Corsair just launched from Eagles Nest headed for Reno!

Race 29

Posted from my Iphone:
                      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Sweet, I'll be heading over there this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29 View Post
                          I'm out in Ione right now. The 57 Super Corsair just launched from Eagles Nest headed for Reno!

Race 29

Posted from my Iphone:
                          SWEET! I've looked forward to seeing this plane in person for as long as its been restored. I can't wait to get some pics. This totally made my day.

Will

Comment

I just got back from Reno/Stead.

According to one source he said that he talked with Dennis yesterday and Dennis said he was going to put couple hours on her today.

The other tidbit of good info was 57 will be at the air race on display.

Comment

Great
                              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                                The other tidbit of good info was 57 will be at the air race on display.
                                Has Race 57 ever been judge at the heritage invitational?
                                Random Air Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X