Reno Stead Report 8/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Stead Report 8/30

Washed the car and took a quick drive over to Stead.

The Rare Bear crew was at it on a wonderful Sunday Nevada morning.

Even Stu was in on the fun. They said all the run-ins were done, prop got balanced yesterday.

The plan is to go up tomorrow AM.

The bleachers are all up. General admission has 3 sets of stands, for some reason it seems like its less than last year??

The guys let me put couple Section 3 decals on :-)

Re: Reno Stead Report 8/30

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post

Even Stu was in on the fun. They said all the run-ins were done, prop got balanced yesterday.

The bleachers are all up. General admission has 3 sets of stands, for some reason it seems like its less than last year??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21629[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21631[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21633[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21628[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21630[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21632[/ATTACH]
    Awesome thanks for the report. Ezell Aviation just posted a picture of Bear with the cowling on all ready to go tomorrow morning!!!
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21629[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21631[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21633[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21628[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21630[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21632[/ATTACH]
      Dawg.... !!!

I can not tell you how much I appreciate your reports from RENO! For all of us who wish we could just transport ourselves there every day, you local guys are the backbone of information flowing out of the event site itself. WOW... Hangartalk Members, let's join in a huge thanks to our RENO CADRE!

As you know, there are other RENO members here who are contributing amazing reports... do you guys all meet up sometimes??

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
        Dawg.... !!!
        As you know, there are other RENO members here who are contributing amazing reports... do you guys all meet up sometimes??
        Wayne,

Thank you for having me on this wonderful site. Not a lot of websites that get my free time. So I Googled "Names for Leader of our Group" Heres what the came up:

1. Administrator: a person with short-term or long-term responsibility — in the latter sense, usually a generic term; also, one given responsibility over an estate
        2. Archon: one who presides (informal), or a chief magistrate in Athens in classical times
        3. Autocrat: one with absolute power
        4. Boss: someone in authority or control, as a manager or supervisor or a politician who does not have official status as leader of a political entity but has the actual power
        5. Captain: a commander of certain military, law-enforcement, or firefighting units with the official rank of captain, or one who commands a vessel regardless of actual rank, or, by analogy, one who is an acknowledged leader (as in the metaphorical phrase “captain of industry”)
        6. Coach: one who helps others acquire knowledge or develop skills, especially in athletics, either in groups or, as a tutor, individually; also, one of various types of vehicles
        7. Chair (or chairman, chairwoman, or chairperson): one who leads a board of directors or trustees, a committee, or an academic department or presides over a meeting
        8. Chief: the leader of an organization or department (informal except in such titles as “chief of police” and “chief information officer,” or in reference to the leader of a band or tribe of Native Americans)
        9. Chieftain: the leader of a band, clan, or tribe
        10. Commandant: a leader of some military units
        11. Commander: a leader of a certain military, law-enforcement, or firefighting units with the official rank of commander, or one in command of such a unit regardless of actual rank, or the leader of some organizations or societies
        12. Commanding officer: the senior officer of a military unit
        13. Commissioner: the leader of a bureau or department in the public sector, a leader with responsibility for some subordinate geopolitical entities, or the administrative leader of a professional body of athletic teams; also, a member of a commission
        14. Conductor: one who coordinates the performance of an orchestra or other large music ensemble; also, someone who collects fares on public transit, or a material that permits the flow of energy, heat, or sound
        15. Dean: a member of the clergy or a school administrator in charge of part of a church jurisdiction or part of a learning institution, or responsible for counseling and monitoring students, or, informally, someone recognized as preeminent in his or her field
        16. Demagogue: one who leads a political party or movement and maintains influence through emotional appeals
        17. Director: the leader of an administrative unit, or one of a group of people responsible for the governance of a corporation or a nonprofit organization, or the person in charge of a theatrical production or an orchestra or another music ensemble
        18. Dictator: an authoritarian head of state, especially one who obtained leadership by force
        19. Doyen (or the feminine form doyenne): a person distinguished in a certain endeavor, or a senior member of a group
        20. Executive: one with administrative or managerial authority
        21. Figurehead: one who has the appearance of authority but has only a nominal leadership role; this term is inappropriate for referring to someone who is actually in authority or has significant power
        22. General: a commander of a military unit with the official rank of general, or one who leads with the character of a general
        23. Generalissimo: the commander in chief of an army, or one who conducts himself or herself with an authoritarian attitude stereotypical of a military dictator
        24. Governor: the chief official of a state, a colony, or another subordinate political entity
        25. Guide: one who literally or figuratively leads others toward a goal; also, a handbook or other informational resource
        26. Head: a leader of a department or operation (generic)
        27. Headman: a leader of a tribe
        28. Manager: a leader of a department, or someone with responsibility for all or part of a business or operation (sometimes generic); also, one who directs or advises an athlete or a performer or assists with a sports operation
        29. Master: the leader of some institutions or societies, a person in command of a merchant vessel, or synonymous with governor or ruler; also, one with power or responsibility over another
        30. Mentor: one who counsels or guides, especially in the pursuit of knowledge or skill
        31. Minister: a high-ranking government official; also, a diplomatic representative or, in some religious organizations, a member of the clergy with administrative responsibilities
        32. Moderator: one who presides over an assembly, discussion, or meeting to monitor adherence to procedures and rules
        33. Officer: one who holds a position of responsibility in a company or organization or in a military unit
        34. Point person: someone who is the focus of an operation or project
        35. Potentate: a powerful sovereign
        36. Power broker: an influential person
        37. President: one who leads a political entity, a company, or an organization for a fixed term or temporarily presides over an assembly or a meeting
        38. Presider: synonymous with chair, moderator, and president
        39. Principal: a person in authority, especially one in charge of a school or other institution; also, a leading performer, one who delegates to an agent, or a perpetrator of a crime
        40. Prolocutor: one who presides or serves as a spokesperson
        41. Rector: a member of the clergy in charge of a parish or another jurisdiction, a leader of some schools or universities, or one who directs
        42. Ringleader: a leader of a group engaged in illicit activities or an informal group of compatriots
        43. Ruler: a sovereign leader
        44. Shepherd: one who leads and protects a flock of livestock or, by extension, a group of people, especially a congregation of worshippers
        45. Skipper: the commander, master, or senior officer on a vessel or, by extension, any leader (informal)
        46. Spearhead: the leader of an activity, project, or movement
        47. Standard-bearer: a charismatic leader of a movement
        48. Superintendent: the leader of a school district or another entity; also, the caretaker of a building
        49. Supervisor: a leader of an administrative unit
        50. Tyrant: an oppressive leader

Some are pretty funny LOL

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-30-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

LOL.. in my experience...

Manager= A great excuse to pay someone slightly more than the going wage for a given hour day, then not have to pay them for overtime....
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
            Dawg.... !!!

I can not tell you how much I appreciate your reports from RENO! For all of us who wish we could just transport ourselves there every day, you local guys are the backbone of information flowing out of the event site itself. WOW... Hangartalk Members, let's join in a huge thanks to our RENO CADRE!

I agree, this is great for us to keep up to date and excited. Thank you Dawg!

Anyone know what the advantage of the sanded prop is on the bear? I figured the sleek prop would be less drag-

Comment

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
              I agree, this is great for us to keep up to date and excited. Thank you Dawg!

Anyone know what the advantage of the sanded prop is on the bear? I figured the sleek prop would be less drag-
              IIRC,, Friday maybe Saturday last year they were sanding the paint off of the prop.. If this is the same prop I guess it proved to them that it worked better without the paint they had on it during qualifying last year? Not sure why it works better though
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                IIRC,, Friday maybe Saturday last year they were sanding the paint off of the prop.. If this is the same prop I guess it proved to them that it worked better without the paint they had on it during qualifying last year? Not sure why it works better though
                And sometimes you just find some orange peel in the paint.

Comment

Agreed, again! Your updates are very much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                    A sanded prop gets better traction. Less "slippage" in the air molecules than with a glossy finish.

Comment

Thank you Dawg for spending your time and resources to keep us updated.

Comment

Thanks Dawg. Well done. Nice work on getting some stickers in some key locations.

I'm not a section 3 guy but, I hung out with a couple Section 3 guys last year a bit. Super good guys.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                          A sanded prop gets better traction. Less "slippage" in the air molecules than with a glossy finish.
                          This doesn't make any sense to me I would compare a slightly rough surface to putting vortex generators on the wing of a plane-they help keep the airflow attached at higher angles of attack at the expense of added drag. The propeller is just a wing, after all. Maybe the pitch angle is high enough that sanding helps keep the flow attached?

I know the finish on Rutan's Catbird is a slightly rough cross hatching, on the fuselage, anyway
                          Last edited by 1:1 Scale; 08-31-2015, 10:01 AM. Reason: Changed amnesty to anyway. I THOUGHT I had caught all the damn autocorrect mistakes...

Comment

Originally posted by 1:1 Scale View Post
                            This doesn't make any sense to me I would compare a slightly rough surface to putting vortex generators on the wing of a plane-they help keep the airflow attached at higher angles of attack at the expense of added drag. The propeller is just a wing, after all. Maybe the pitch angle is high enough that sanding helps keep the flow attached?

I know the finish on Rutan's Catbird is a slightly rough cross hatching, on the fuselage, amnesty
                            If Steve-O said that rubbing peanut butter on his balls made him 10 mph faster there would be an empty shelf at the Lemmon Valley Grocery Outlet...

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                              If Steve-O said that rubbing peanut butter on his balls made him 10 mph faster there would be an empty shelf at the Lemmon Valley Grocery Outlet...
                              Try that, and you'd BETTER be 10 mph faster... once the local dog population gets a whiff of peanuts coming from your pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X