Long Range Reno Weather Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Range Reno Weather Report

Anyone out there with the weather outlook for the Reno Air Races? (Subject To Change Several Times)
    Lockheed Bob

Re: Long Range Reno Weather Report

Fast and Kewl !!

Comment

Hot, cold, rain on at least one evening and wind picking up just before the Gold on Sunday. Just like every other year.

Comment

Still a little early to make anything accurate but, I'll take stab at now. I'll take better stabs in a week or so.

Temps in the low-mid 80s, wind out of the west around 15, mostly clear. Photographers skies are possible though.

It's been a fairly mild summer here. Really only a handful of days over 100. We did get some major flash flooding though. What storms we have had have been pretty intense. As always, bring shorts and jackets.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I think the biggest worry this year might be the smoke from all the fires depending on wind patterns etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
            I think the biggest worry this year might be the smoke from all the fires depending on wind patterns etc.
            I've got some slides from one year back in the 90's that look like I used an amber filter.

Comment

Right now it's not bad. As soon as they start coming out of the NW though, it gets bad.

Comment

Update-

As of this morning it looks pretty damn nice. Temps in the high 80s, winds calm. Fairly stable pattern all week.

Comment

Use these guys often...and they seem to be right more often than not....

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/ren...weather/329507

Eight and a wake-up...
                  Owen Ashurst
                  Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                  http://airbossone.com/

Comment

As an old instructor once said, "You have fuel in that thing for 4 hours... Count on it... If they tell you the weather will be good for all 4 hours...Don't count on it"

Comment

Working...
                    X