• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reno Stead Report 8/23 - The Bear Cave Is Alive

It's alive, checkout facebook

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
      I'm hearing rumors of new prop, can't be hard to find out from one of the crew guys sometime this weekend if it is or not. I hope it is, it's always cool to hear a different sound out of the bear
      Maybe 232's prop? Didn't they trim the trailing edge down on some of the steel Sea Fury props at one time? Cut it to the spar in the prop or something like that? To make a narrower chord?

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
        Maybe 232's prop? Didn't they trim the trailing edge down on some of the steel Sea Fury props at one time? Cut it to the spar in the prop or something like that? To make a narrower chord?
        That was on the prop type that is wider in chord by way of an extra bit of flange added to the trailing edge, which was modified by grinding the flange down progressively further out towards the tip.

This here appears to be the narrower type that never had a flange to begin with...

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
          I just posted a couple of pics of the cave from yesterday when I was there around noon or so. I didn't ask, but it my pics, the prop is not feathered........what do you think?
          Brian
          Where'd ya post em?
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by RichH View Post
            That was on the prop type that is wider in chord by way of an extra bit of flange added to the trailing edge, which was modified by grinding the flange down progressively further out towards the tip.

This here appears to be the narrower type that never had a flange to begin with...
            Yeah, well, I have not seen these pics everyone is talking about yet- sorry, no facebooky for me....

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
              I know it's not 232's prop, it has 2 yellow stripes on the tip and it was sitting on a yellow prop stand and in one or two of those recent pictures you can see the yellow stand behind bear with the prop on it.

And he posted them to the rare bear fan page on Facebook Wayne
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
              X