Reno Stead Report 8/23 - The Bear Cave Is Alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Stead Report 8/23 - The Bear Cave Is Alive

Cruised by NCAR ground zero today and they were working on the Bear. Always nice to see that.

Stu will be flying in this coming Thursday.

Plus I took couple pictures of the stands to get the dreaming started.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 08-23-2015, 06:44 PM.

Re: Reno Stead Report 8/23 - The Bear Cave Is Alive

Dawg, you are the man! Thank you!

Comment

Breezy Races this year??
      Thanks for posting the pics
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
        Breezy Races this year??
        Thanks for posting the pics
        Brian
        I'd pay extra to see that

Comment

Breaks my heart to see 232 sitting there with no one giving her any attention. World's fastest Sea Fury sitting idle...

Comment

Originally posted by cragdweller View Post
            Breaks my heart to see 232 sitting there with no one giving her any attention. World's fastest Sea Fury sitting idle...
            I agree! Is that the blown engine still in it?

Comment

Just drove by the Bear Cave, 4 gentleman working on her. One on the spinner backing plate, One in the cockpit, one on the exhaust, and the last one working on the engine. Place looks different then during race week. A few jets in the Sports class hangar. Saw a couple of F-1 being worked on and one sport class plane.

Comment

Ok so on Facebook there are pictures of the bear with some interesting propellor design on it. For any of you that have Facebook is everyone commenting on there just dumb or is that actually a propellor? I assumed since it looks so ridiculous it's for tuning it and having weight on there is necessary to balance something while they're getting it ready. Can anyone enlighten me?
                Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
                  Ok so on Facebook there are pictures of the bear with some interesting propellor design on it. For any of you that have Facebook is everyone commenting on there just dumb or is that actually a propellor? I assumed since it looks so ridiculous it's for tuning it and having weight on there is necessary to balance something while they're getting it ready. Can anyone enlighten me?
                  If you're looking at the "Rare Bear Air Racing Fan Group", the aircraft's tail is up and it appears the prop is the same 4 blade they have used in the past, just feathered, which gives the unique view to some.

Michael
                  Last edited by Mluvara; 08-28-2015, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
                    If you're looking at the "Rare Bear Air Racing Fan Group", the aircraft's tail is up and it appears the prop is the same 4 blade they have used in the past, just feathered, which gives the unique view to some.

Michael
                    Thanks for clearing that up, makes sense
                    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

I have been laughing at that discussion all day.

Comment

I just posted a couple of pics of the cave from yesterday when I was there around noon or so. I didn't ask, but it my pics, the prop is not feathered........what do you think?
                        Brian

Comment

I just posted a couple of pics of the cave from yesterday when I was there around noon or so. I didn't ask, but it my pics, the prop is not feathered........what do you think?
                          Brian
                          Thanks I just looked at them, they look more natural but I'm not sure if it's the same prop as last year? Just aesthetically the prop last year had white tips on the end and this one doesn't. It does look stripped of paint so maybe that will go on later but I really don't know?
                          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

It looks like a very narrow chord, but it doesn't have painted tips, decals and the spinner isn't on, so perhaps with those items it will look more "normal".
                            Brian

Comment

It looks like a very narrow chord, but it doesn't have painted tips, decals and the spinner isn't on, so perhaps with those items it will look more "normal".
                              Brian
                              I'm hearing rumors of new prop, can't be hard to find out from one of the crew guys sometime this weekend if it is or not. I hope it is, it's always cool to hear a different sound out of the bear
                              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Working...
                              X