Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Entry list is posted

Originally posted by Air Judge View Post
    Couldn't agree more, PBP. Folks have been providing Last Rites and closing the casket on this sport for many, many years. Will there come a time when UNL's will no longer round the stick at Stead...likely so. But until that day, and for every day in between, I, for one, will enjoy the sights, sounds, smells, and scenes in the land of bad-ass speed in debauchery. And that is to take absolutely NOTHING away from the other classes. If UNL ceases to operate, I'll still be there at Home Pylon no matter which classes are running.

Call me Pollyanna or whatever... I just simply choose to embrace the history, enjoy the moment and envision the future in a positive light when it comes to Reno.

Guess I don't want to get to the day we all dread, look back...and wish I'd said more, done more, and enjoyed the moments more. Let's leave it all on the floor...and enjoy the ride.

Here's to a safe and exciting week. Hope to see you on the ramp!
    Completely agree with both of you!!!

Give me 2 stock mustangs rounding the pylons and I will be there
    Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Well as I said before. I spent a lot of money on Air Races,Women & Beer since 1946 & the rest of it I wasted.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

I think it's important to also note that there is a Gold race scheduled for Thursday which they didn't do last year
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

My first year at the races was 1966, or whatever year they were held at Stead for the first time, that's the first time I attended.......I think I've heard doom and gloom about the races since then. Heck, for the first several years, they only had a handful of unlimited's, no sport class, and no jets. Everyone has their right to freedom of speech, but personally, I don't understand how some of you can be negative. Look at the positive. The Races are happening. We still get to go see airplanes flying 50 feet off the ground at 500mph. Like the guy in Top Gun, I get a H%&#@! just thinking about it and I'm 65 LOL. There's still 15 unlimited there.......I have a feeling 2016 will see a full field. The sport class is huge, and I believe the other classes are fairly full also. This year, we could possibly see record setting speeds, which is always fun. Like most of you, I love the races, could they be better, yes, but doom and gloom won't solve the problem. I saw the Breitling Team in Seattle a couple of weeks ago, they put on a good show, should be a plus for Reno. Next year we have the Blue Angels returning, that will help the attendance. Be Positive about the future, talk it up to family and friends. We have a new man at the helm this year, and my understanding is, he's had some major managing experience in the private sector. He might be the guy to pull in additional sponsorship. I'm thankful I can attend, love the races and looking forward to attending them in the future. Ok, you can start the bashing now Just Kidding
          Last edited by supercub; 08-20-2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Supercub, nothing but thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
              Supercub, nothing but thumbs up!
              Amen to that!!!!!
              Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Hmmmmmmm............and now the 2015 entry list isn't there anymore. Strange.

Never mind. Come up on Internet Explorer, but not Chrome.
                Last edited by PowerByPackard; 08-21-2015, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X