Streaming TV At Races Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Streaming TV At Races Survey

Actually Speedy I think it was you that posted something about a parking space for a network helo... then I heard something else about a documentary..

This website gets about three to four thousand unique clickthroughs daily.. I used to be able to post this sort of stuff from the "inside"... meaning, RARA would let me know when there was stuff of interest to post..

Admittedly, I have not beat down their doors for information this year, rather, taking a wait and see posture, but backing out of digressing..

As a long time staunch supporter of this one of a kind event, I'd really like to know what's going on with all this stuff this year!!!!!!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Maybe we can petition LoadedTV to cover it again...no, it was not anywhere near the quality of LASTV's coverage, but it was better than nothing for those of us who cannot make the trip.
      "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
      -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

From what I hear NBC has the video rights to do a 30 minute "show" to air in Feb. So that means nobody can live stream anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
          From what I hear NBC has the video rights to do a 30 minute "show" to air in Feb. So that means nobody can live stream anything.
          Hmm...that's an interesting possibility. As a moderately serious, existing fan, I will most certainly miss the LASTV coverage. I thoroughly enjoyed the coverage last year. In terms of raw exposure though, a 30-60 minute show on a network or a network's sports outlet will have an audience in the very large multiples of what an internet stream through a limited-audience, albeit very professional, outlet could provide. If that proves to be true, it has implications down the road in terms of more substantial media coverage and a bigger gate...both of the wins that everyone here is proclaiming to want.

If a short-term loss for me is a long-term gain for the NCAR, I'll gladly chip-in...whether in dollars or in sacrifice of my own enjoyment in a year that I will not be attending in person. That doesn't mean I don't hate it for the folks at LASTV. I know that the NCAR was a labor of love for them...or at least that is how it seemed to an outsider. And who knows how much of role their coverage may have played in the ability to land a "bigger fish."

Time will tell...

James

Comment

Wasn't there a similar thing with ABC years ago?

Comment

ABC Wide World of Sports covered it for a few years way back when.

Comment

For what it's worth, I received the following message when I contacted RARA directly:

"Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, due to our financial difficulties the show will not be broadcasted this year."

Well poop.
                "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Working...
                X