Streaming TV At Races Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streaming TV At Races Survey

This could prove interesting.. Found this SURVEY about streaming TV at the races.. I like it (streaming) because it gives me a job down there!

Thought you guys might be interested in participating....

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Streaming TV At Races Survey

Participated!

I love the stream, it allows those of us who can't make it an awesome view of the races.

Comment

Originally posted by CJAM427 View Post
      Participated!

I love the stream, it allows those of us who can't make it an awesome view of the races.
      Done. I have told many potential fans about the streaming. I believe that it's a step towards putting fans in the stands.

Comment

A few questions.

-What group started this survey and for what purpose?
        -Will the data be made available for people to see?

Another question could be, "Would you be willing to pay and how much would you pay for the live coverage, per day or for the whole event?"
        Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 08-20-2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

The largest Surfing contest in the world, called the Triple Crown of Surfing, 3 events with about a 2 week window for each event and each event needs about 5-6-7 full days for each event to determine the results, takes place on the North Shore of Oahu. Hawaii. It has been streamed live for about 10 years for free. Very few people watch surfing but somehow they are able to produce it for free.
          Official website of Vans Triple Crown of Surfing. Get all the news, videos, photos, rankings and more.
          Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 08-20-2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
            A few questions.

-What group started this survey and for purpose?
            -Will the data be made available for people to see?

Another question could be, "Would you be willing to pay and how much would you pay for the live coverage, per day or for the whole event?"
            Live Airshow TV posted it off their Facebook, so it would be the same thing as last year I'm assuming?
            Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

RARA needs to get current with producing an online event. Each race plane could have required multiple cameras and GPS units displaying speed, line on the course, bank, pitch, airspeed, RPM, G force. Similar to NASCAR.

Cameras on top of each pylon, on the hills surrounding the track, helicopter in the sky...Similar to how the Americas Cup Sailboat Races in San Francisco were produced.
              Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 08-20-2015, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I wonder if the main reason the Air Races are not streamed live is because they are concerned that this would lower their gate attendance income?

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                  I wonder if the main reason the Air Races are not streamed live is because they are concerned that this would lower their gate attendance income?
                  That's a valid concern, but I don't think it would matter. This is what I think. I live in Oregon and I'm going for the experience. I can't imagine many saying I'm going to stay home and watch it on my computer or stream it to my big screen. Same for the local fan, they'll come for the experience. As a comparison NAScar fills the seats while broadcasting the race. Now, it maybe blacked out in the local area. That's something I don't know. If it is that may provide the answer if streaming has an impact.

Comment

Survey was gone by time I looked at it.
                    Last edited by LoveOldPlanes; 08-25-2015, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Per "Live Airshow TV" website: To answer many recent inquiries, LiveAirShowTV will not be providing live Internet coverage, "Jumbotron" venue coverage, or daily reports of the 2015 air races."

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
                        Per "Live Airshow TV" website: To answer many recent inquiries, LiveAirShowTV will not be providing live Internet coverage, "Jumbotron" venue coverage, or daily reports of the 2015 air races."
                        Did someone else get the rights or did another pissing match end badly?

Comment

Oh dear!

Comment

Really, I guess that doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                              Did someone else get the rights or did another pissing match end badly?
                              Can't speak officially for LASTV.. but having done everything last year, from laying cable, holding reflectors/backdrops, being antenna guy.., general GOPHER, and a few snips at being "talent" for interviews (among MANY other menial tasks!) I think it all winds up being about funding...

I'm actually next to clueless about the little snippets teasing about a "network helo" parking slot (this thread or an other) going to push the authors of those posts for details..

But, long story short... NO LASTV presence at RENO this year.. ****... my LASTV shirts are the most comfortable, easy to live in for a week, shirts I've ever owned.. and I can't wear em????
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X