Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody seen any advertising for the NCAR

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    They are using google "adwords" as advertisers, the ads run on sites that have some sort of tie to the subject matter of the ad. I was happy to see that one had run here as well, but talk about preachin' to the choir!
    I've seen several such ads on aviation websites and that's a good thing. It's a bit like preaching to the choir, though.

I have emailed my thoughts on attracting more locals to RARA.

Comment

There have been a lot of radio adds in the last couple of weeks here locally. More than I recall in recent memory. One of the country stations is setting up a live remote and giving away tickets, etc. I also counted at least 6 billboards promoting the races. Going to the Rib Cook-off tonight, I hope to see some kind of promotion there.
      "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

I was happy to see an ad on my Facebook page. It might have been a digital buy on the aviation pages but at least it was there.

Comment

Here in the Bay Area we're hearing a radio ad from the Reno-Tahoe tourism group and the NCAR is one of the upcoming events that is mentioned along with several other festivals.
          remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

In Sacramento, there's a huge (Yuge to you Trump fans) billboard advertising the Races. It's on I-80 (Capitol City Freeway) coming out of downtown, just before you get to Cal Expo. It's prime real estate and is seen by a few thousand people doing 10 MPH in quitting time traffic every weekday, probably almost as much on the weekends. I noticed it a couple weeks ago. I'll try to get a picture of it.

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Reno air races are also the history of aviation in USA.
              Sometimes the big companies make some promos. For example Coca Cola could launch a promo with the air racers in its bottles or cans, like a collection of unlimiteds, and the other classes. Or Shell could offer small models for some value of purchase in oil, and so on. I mention these companies because I saw them doing it with some other matters, but could be any other, just an example. When I was young I used to buy the F1 (cars) small models that Shell offered. Very nice and influencing when you are young. Anyway MHO.

Comment

Working...
              X