Stopped by Stead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped by Stead

I've seen various things about the happenings at Stead on here and Facebook but I went out there to check for myself. One thing I remember reading was that the Bear wasn't in her cave and Shockwave had moved. This makes sense to me because 232 is now behind the bear in the hangar so they had to move the bear (and potentially shockwave) out to put 232 back in. No engine on the bear and couldn't tell if there was any engine or box that could house the engine on the floor (anyone who knows the cave knows it's hard to see anything when the doors are closed). Couldn't see much about 232 except the fact that it's sharing the hangar with Bear. Hope they're both getting new 3350's this month!!! I mean we can hope right??
    Reno from '99 to '22

Re: Stopped by Stead

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
    I've seen various things about the happenings at Stead on here and Facebook but I went out there to check for myself. One thing I remember reading was that the Bear wasn't in her cave and Shockwave had moved. This makes sense to me because 232 is now behind the bear in the hangar so they had to move the bear (and potentially shockwave) out to put 232 back in. No engine on the bear and couldn't tell if there was any engine or box that could house the engine on the floor (anyone who knows the cave knows it's hard to see anything when the doors are closed). Couldn't see much about 232 except the fact that it's sharing the hangar with Bear. Hope they're both getting new 3350's this month!!! I mean we can hope right??
    ....except it's not Shockwave. It's the American Spirit/Jackson-Cornell Racer....whatever it's called now.

Comment

During PRS Rare Bear was not in her cave (out foraging?). The Cornell racer was moved from the hangar into a shipping container (for storage?) in the small bone yard by Aviation Classics hangar. The container is beige and not sue if it was the only container in the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
        ....except it's not Shockwave. It's the American Spirit/Jackson-Cornell Racer....whatever it's called now.
        My mistake, that's what I meant
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Originally posted by GRNDP51 View Post
          When I dropped by during PRS, the Bear was gone and one of the guys said the Bear was off to paint. They were also loading up a large wooden crate onto a trailer (big enough for the engine). I assumed to go to Texas.

The guys where playing the big "super secret" attitude. Not the same as when Lyle owned it. Lyle was so cool, I miss him, he sure gave the Bear his 'character & fan base".

I would expect the usual, couple weeks prior to the Air Races they will burn the midnight oil.

Even RARA's website it dead, nothing posted since the June PRS school news??

41 days left and we are going to have a big event, really thats all you can do RARA???

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            Even RARA's website it dead, nothing posted since the June PRS school news??

41 days left and we are going to have a big event, really thats all you can do RARA???

Their Facebook has been far from dead and has some real neat pictures posted to it from some of the potographers that post here:

Reno Air Race Association, Reno, Nevada. 4 likes. The National Championship Air Races, held every September just north of Reno, features six racing classes, a large display of static aircraft and...
            Random Air Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post
              Their Facebook has been far from dead and has some real neat pictures posted to it from some of the potographers that post here:

https://www.facebook.com/RenoAirRacingAssociation
              Are American Spirit and Shockwave sitting until a major sponsor takes either one them on? Any updates...?

Comment

Originally posted by rforslund View Post
                Are American Spirit and Shockwave sitting until a major sponsor takes either one them on? Any updates...?
                Both still sitting.

Comment

With the unstable situation and the FAA/tech clamping down who would dare fund them? You could dump a ton of money into either one and have no guarantee that it would even bee allowed to fly let alone race. Another two established airplanes gone due to apparent conflicts with RARA and another for sale... Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel View Post

https://www.facebook.com/RenoAirRacingAssociation
                    Samuel,

Thanks for the reply. Good to know there is life and they are interacting with the Facebook crowd.

Wouldn't hurt for them to keep thier website current for the other Internet users.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                      With the unstable situation and the FAA/tech clamping down who would dare fund them? You could dump a ton of money into either one and have no guarantee that it would even bee allowed to fly let alone race. Another two established airplanes gone due to apparent conflicts with RARA and another for sale... Not good.
                      Thank you for the insight Bill, I had no idea the conflicts with RARA were the issue. Atleast team PM is keeping things exciting......Do you know which one is for sale and who own's it?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
                        Wild Bill- just curious which planes you are referring to. I had read that Miss A had a falling out with RARA but hadn't heard about the others. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Thank you for the insight Bill, I had no idea the conflicts with RARA were the issue. Atleast team PM is keeping things exciting......Do you know which one is for sale and who own's it?
                          232 is the one for sale.

Comment

Clas Thunder One was up today. Sounded fantastic. Chasing down a tail wheel squawk though. It keeps knocking the tire off the rim. You can see it in the pic.
                            Attached Files
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                              Clas Thunder One was up today. Sounded fantastic. Chasing down a tail wheel squawk though. It keeps knocking the tire off the rim. You can see it in the pic.
                              Ya, I was in the yard digging post holes while he was up. Sounded very nice.

Hope they get everything resolved.

Comment

Working...
                              X