Stopped by Stead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stopped by Stead

That's a stock tailwheel. They need to get a racing tailwheel on it.

Comment

After more work than I've ever wanted with a belt sander, all I can think of is "can't they just adjust the tracking?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill Kelso View Post
        With the unstable situation and the FAA/tech clamping down who would dare fund them?
        Just out of curiosity... and with all due respect.... what does the FAA clamping down mean?
        I worked for the FAA for 20+ years (ATC) and have a bit of incite on what you may be alluding to as I've talked with people who are the ones who sign off on the waivers for airshows (not the people who issue them to RARA though). It seems there maybe some disinformation floating around about what the FAA actually does at the races... and I'm curious on how you see it.
        Mark K....

Comment

Backtracking to Thunder mustangs, does anyone know the potential of a FULL race TM like Rapid Travel was? Always hurts to think about as I always wanted to see how quick that beautiful plane could round the pylons. Wonder if Clas would ever be converted
          Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Meanwhile, lurking in a dark, shadowy cave...
            Attached Files
            You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
              Meanwhile, lurking in a dark, shadowy cave...
              Why is today's date on that pic? With no windmill on the nose? We all saw the engine back on already on Facebook. Some photo trickery going on somewhere?? Like PM's scoop disappearing?

Geese, I can't believe my eyes anymore, either.

Comment

Originally posted by toldjaso View Post
                Why is today's date on that pic? With no windmill on the nose? We all saw the engine back on already on Facebook. Some photo trickery going on somewhere?? Like PM's scoop disappearing?

Geese, I can't believe my eyes anymore, either.
                That was taken on Thursday 8/20 in the AM. They were busy moving stuff around as the new motor was inbound. I have seen the motor installed on the air frame since then. Might be time for another drive to hear some run-ups!
                Last edited by boomtown; 08-23-2015, 12:43 PM.
                "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

Ya, photo by Boomtown. I figured he would have posted it but, since he didn't, I figured I would. I didn't know the motor had been hung since then.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
                  X