(lack of) Silly Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (lack of) Silly Season

Air racing is next month. Awfully quiet in here with regards to current news...so I will declare that it is time for my annual Unlimited Silly Season thread:

Big Boy Status:

Race 5, Voodoo: The group's Facebook page is alive with photos of sheets strategically covering certain parts on the aircraft. New scoop? New anything?

Race 7, Strega: The Witch has a new shoe, "Hoot" Gibson. The news that is lacking is around the engine, after Tiger mayday-ed it following last year's overly-exciting Saturday heat. Do they have a bullet?

Race 8, Dreadnought: Present and solid.

Race 38, Precious Metal: Seems like this group never stops...had to love the earlier thread with the scoop gone. Who knows what new goodies are under the hood...and over, for that matter. Thom has been busy taking names on the IF-1 circuit, can he continue his streak in Unlimited this year?

Race 77, Rare Bear: Does she have an engine?

Race 86, Czech Mate: Not much noise from this group, will they be there? Heard a rumor that she might not make it.

Now, to the obvious:

Race 232: Sitting at Stead with a blown engine...someone write a big check and restore the fuel-injection :-P

Race 11, Miss America: Someone write a big check and tint the canopy :-P

Race 4, Dago Red: I'm seeing "confirmations" that the new owner plans on bringing her back to Reno in 2017...grain of salt, anyone?

In other news...

Good to have Dan Martin back around the pylons in Grim Reaper, could he eventually make his way back into a top-tier Unlimited?

What the heck is the status on Low-Down Mike Brown?

Any new or returning Unlimiteds this season?

Let the silly festivities begin!
    "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-
Working...
X