Ted Contri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ted Contri

I was saddened to hear a while back that Ted Contri had passed on. Ted was not real well known, but was a huge supporter of Warbirds and of the Reno Air Races. Ted was very good to Birgitta and me over the years, and I will always be grateful.

Blue skies, Ted

Neal

Click image for larger version

Name:	R81-raw0008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	241959

Re: Ted Contri

I had Ted bring Rosalie up to the airshow at NAS Whidbey Island a couple times back in the '90's. Quite honestly one of the nicest people--not just warbird owner--that I have ever met in my life. He was very behind the scenes at Reno, but he was ALWAYS there.

Comment

Ted Contri was my first 'customer' when he had me get him 4 8X10's of this shot I took at the EAA Watsonville Fly-In 1979.
      He had just got this one from Les Grant, and it was the first airshow he had ever displayed a plane at.

Super nice guy.

Last edited by Lon Moer; 08-10-2015, 07:13 PM.
      remember the Oogahonk!

old school enthusiast of Civiltary Warbirds and Air Racers

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	R93-99-4034.jpg
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	227963Click image for larger version

Name:	R93-99-1031.jpg
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	227964

Comment

Probably the most down to earth, honest, humblest warbird pilot/owner I have ever known, a privilege to list as a friend.

RIP Ted.

Comment

Ted was a real deal person & always showed up at the Al Goss "Warlock" pit. I remember both of his P51s showed up at an Airshow in Redding,Ca with Ted flying one & Al Goss flying the other. He contributed to many Air Race Teams & always supported the Reno Air Races.
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

Working...
            X