Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my other projects

Good-day!

Naturally, I'm always involved in air-racing stuff...

But thought I'd share one of my non air racing related projects..(at least not immediately related, yet)

For a number of years, I have also been a developer of Flight Sim related add-ons. Most recently, we did a pretty awesome freeware Racing T-6 package, which has been a lot of fun... Some incorporated systems and such, but not the most in-depth.

Currently, I am investing heavily in a full-time project. A full-on simulated Cessna 170B. Very intense. It's a payware project, that will accurately represent the 170 for both home user enjoyment, but also at a professional and academic level across the country. TONS of R&D going into this one.

Homepage
    -or-
    Cessna 170B Project Page

The reason I mention this here, is because I would love to build on this platform in the near future, and pursue highlighting some faucet of air racing. The technology is available today, to be able to accurately simulate any conceivable system or modification. Some very useful things could be done...

Some thoughts of mine would lean real hard toward the Sport Class.. I know there's innovators that could make use of some of this technology. I'm using very advanced CAD style software, combined with a large back-end of code. Maybe simulating a cockpit layout, that's not currently developed? Maybe airfoil or propeller implementations that have not yet been attempted? Weight and Balance? Aerodynamics? Liveries? I can only imagine the $$ some of these guys could save, if utilizing some of this type of tech.

I've been keeping my eye on the opportunities within the Sport class, and kitplane industry, and am quite interested in developing on some of this technology, if the right person is interested.

A lead engineer at Vans contacted us a while back... Could be one option there.

Reason why I post this, is that I would love feedback from anyone with ideas. Particularly those who are innovative.

Best!
    - Joseph
Working...
X